XF 1.5 Warning: Uncaught exception 'ErrorException' with message 'require...

Chris Radford

Hi,

We've consistently run into security vunerabilites & hacks in recent months, so today we have looked to remove all addons and start fresh with the latest installs. However, in the process of removing the addons, I appear to have run into the following issue when opening http://www.onefootballforum.co.uk ... however when I include /index.php it would appear that the website loads.

Code:
Warning: Uncaught exception 'ErrorException' with message 'require(/home/onefootb/public_html/library/Lgpl/utf8.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory' in /home/onefootb/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php:242 Stack trace: #0 /home/onefootb/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php(242): XenForo_Application->handlePhpError(2, 'require(/home/o...', '/home/onefootb/...', 242, Array) #1 /home/onefootb/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php(242): XenForo_Application::beginApplication() #2 /home/onefootb/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php(291): XenForo_Application->beginApplication('/home/onefootb/...', '/home/onefootb/...', true) #3 /home/onefootb/public_html/index.php(9): XenForo_Application::initialize('/home/onefootb/...', '/home/onefootb/...') #4 {main} thrown in /home/onefootb/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php on line 242

Fatal error: XenForo_Application::beginApplication(): Failed opening required '/home/onefootb/public_html/library/Lgpl/utf8.php' (include_path='/home/onefootb/public_html/library:.:.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/onefootb/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php on line 242

Can somebody please attempt to shed some light on this for me? Thank you in advance!

Code:
RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^onefootballforum\.co.uk$
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://onefootballforum.co.uk/$1 [R=301,L]
That it's incorrect,

Try again default .htaccess here.

PHP:
<IfModule mod_security.c>
    SecFilterEngine Off
    SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

ErrorDocument 401 default
ErrorDocument 403 default
ErrorDocument 404 default
ErrorDocument 405 default
ErrorDocument 406 default
ErrorDocument 500 default
ErrorDocument 501 default
ErrorDocument 503 default

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]
RewriteRule ^(data/|js/|styles/|install/|favicon\.ico|crossdomain\.xml|robots\.txt) - [NC,L]
RewriteRule ^.*$ index.php [NC,L]
RewriteCond %{HTTPS} !=on
RewriteRule ^/?(.*) https://%{SERVER_NAME}/$1 [R,L]
</IfModule>

Thanks for the response however...

Our .htaccess has not been changed for a significant amount of time.
Either way, I've just made the changes you suggested and the issue still remains, it's not fixed.

Regards,

I'm struggling to see the relevance to what you're suggesting? Nevertheless, the server runs apache.

The forum was working before I made adjustment to /libary/ files. This indicates the issue has arisen through my actions.

I have now re-downloaded the 1.5.9 upgrade and uploaded all /libary/ files, overwriting existing.

As of right now the admin CP loads perfectly but the forums index greets me with a white screen. Help would be appreciated.

I'm struggling to see the relevance to what you're suggesting? Nevertheless, the server runs apache.
It makes a world of difference. The .htaccess you posted earlier, as pointed out earlier, is incorrect. Below is the default htaccess that I would suggest you add to help further troubleshoot and rule that out. Keep in mind that we are just trying to help so withholding information is not productive.

Code:
#    Mod_security can interfere with uploading of content such as attachments. If you
#    cannot attach files, remove the "#" from the lines below.
#<IfModule mod_security.c>
#    SecFilterEngine Off
#    SecFilterScanPOST Off
#</IfModule>

ErrorDocument 401 default
ErrorDocument 403 default
ErrorDocument 404 default
ErrorDocument 405 default
ErrorDocument 406 default
ErrorDocument 500 default
ErrorDocument 501 default
ErrorDocument 503 default

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On

#    If you are having problems with the rewrite rules, remove the "#" from the
    #    line that begins "RewriteBase" below. You will also have to change the path
    #    of the rewrite to reflect the path to your XenForo installation.
    #RewriteBase /xenforo

#    This line may be needed to enable WebDAV editing with PHP as a CGI.
    #RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^(data/|js/|styles/|install/|favicon\.ico|crossdomain\.xml|robots\.txt) - [NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^.*$ index.php [NC,L]
</IfModule>

Thanks for the response Dan, I do appreciate it and learning as I go here.
.htaccess in public_html is now as shown above in your reply. .htaccess in /libary/ is;

Order deny,allow
Deny from all

Reactions: Dan
That htaccess needs to go in your forum root, not in the library folder.

Sorry misread at first. A blank page is usually an indication of a suppressed php error. Do you have access to your server logs?

Also, if you would like me to, Start a conversation and provide your FTP details and/or server credentials and I could take a look for you.

Top Bottom