• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Warn Thread

Warn Thread 1.3

No permission to download

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Warn Thread - When a warning is issued, a new thread is automatically created for staff members.

Description:

When a warning is issued, a new thread is automatically created for staff members.

(Example of Warn Thread)

View attachment 100892

(Example of Options page)

View attachment 100893

Features:
  • Warn Threads are created every 10 minutes by Cron Entry.
  • All phrases start with warnthread_ for your convenience.
Installation:
  1. Download warnthread_v1.0.zip and unzip it.
  2. Upload the Andy directory to your server, the...
Read more about this resource...

Scharesoft

Thanks for this addon :) But there is a problem, a new thread isn't created after warn some user.

I choose in the options forum id 18 and the language 2 (German), but after creating a warning for a user, nothing happens (except that the warning appears in the user profile tab for warnings).

Edit: It's working now. I didn't realize that a user has to be online in the forum for the cron jobs.

Last edited:

TheGreek

I get this error when trying to install.

Callback Andy_WarnThread_CronEntry_WarnThread::runWarnThread is invalid (Invalid Class).

SimonV

It would be great if you could also add a prefix to the created thread. :)

EDIT: seems fairly simple to add to the 'create thread' section on the cron script, in my case the prefix was 17:

PHP:
$writer->set('prefix_id', '17');
Also, if the message sent to the member could be added into the thread that would be really useful.

Last edited:

CTXMedia

Formerly CyclingTribe
Also, if the message sent to the member could be added into the thread that would be really useful.
Indeed - especially if you don't use the warning templates and your mods send free-form warning PMs.

This would enable the whole team to see what has been said to the member. (y)

JordanH

Can you make it so that it makes a new post in an already created thread?
Like just update an exisiting thread with the newest warnings.

SimonV

Hey Andy

Seems that the admin option for thread prefix is missing, I see the code in the cron script but no input option, is that intended for a future release?

CTXMedia

Formerly CyclingTribe
Thanks for the update @AndyB - the addition of the notes to the reported thread is useful, however what I'd prefer is the title and text of any conversation that a mod/admin might send to the user (our moderators send free-form warning PMs):

upload_2015-5-18_23-20-3.png

... with the report looking something like this (with any conversation quoted underneath):

upload_2015-5-18_23-30-21.png

Would this be possible?

Thanks,
Shaun

SimonV

+1 for this feature.

Thanks for the update @AndyB - the addition of the notes to the reported thread is useful, however what I'd prefer is the title and text of any conversation that a mod/admin might send to the user (our moderators send free-form warning PMs):

View attachment 106439

... with the report looking something like this (with any conversation quoted underneath):

View attachment 106440

Would this be possible?

Thanks,
Shaun