Implemented Warn on first post deletion

nodle

So I just deleted a major sticky thread on a forum of mine trying to clean it up. I had no clue it would delete the entire thread!:eek: There should really be an additional statement that pops up letting you know that deleting the first post will permanently delete the entire thread. I just figured it would delete the post and not the entire thread. There should be an additional warning for something this severe. Or make it give a different warning. Now my thread made in 2006 with tons of posts is lost.:cry:

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
It didn't pop up for me then, I have 4 other posts selected at the same time, does this have something to do with it because it was multiple?

You will need to restore from a backup.

It may be a good idea to remove the hard delete permission too.
Soft deleted threads can be restored.

It may be a good idea to remove the hard delete permission too.
Soft deleted threads can be restored.

Do you know which permission I would un check for myself (admin), and be able to set it to only soft deletes so that this doesn't happen by accident again? Is there anyway to stop myself and only switch to soft deletes being an admin?

There are separate permissions for hard deleting posts and threads.

Set it to Not Set (No) for the user group(s).

I think this is it then.

3.webp

Why is my user set with special permissions? I am the only person listed with special permissions. Is this normal?

Must be from the import I did years ago, is there an option to revert I don't see any options for that. Sorry for all the questions.

5.webp

Top Bottom