• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Wanting to take the plunge, but with no demo software available, how do I know convert will work?

Is there a possibility of a refund if I can't get conversion to work?

I have an SMF board, not a ton of active users anymore, but over a million posts going back a long time I would like to preserve. I've already tried migrating to Discourse, and that was just painful (spent a couple of weeks then gave up). Couldn't even successfully convert to PHPBB first when I tried that route. :/

Then I read about Xenforo - sounds very promising, and being a paid product I'm kindof hoping the converter will work better. But before plunking down the cash, I wish I had some idea that the conversion process will work. Any advice?

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
I've never known an import yet which "won't work" but if that situation occurs I'm certain we'll work out a solution be that additional support or a refund.

Claudio

Is there a possibility of a refund if I can't get conversion to work?

I have an SMF board, not a ton of active users anymore, but over a million posts going back a long time I would like to preserve. I've already tried migrating to Discourse, and that was just painful (spent a couple of weeks then gave up). Couldn't even successfully convert to PHPBB first when I tried that route. :/

Then I read about Xenforo - sounds very promising, and being a paid product I'm kindof hoping the converter will work better. But before plunking down the cash, I wish I had some idea that the conversion process will work. Any advice?
We provide migration services and in case of any issue we provide a full refund.