Want to use wordpress with xenforo? Or would you like to use xenportal with xenforo?

Want to use wordpress with xenforo? Or would you like to use xenportal with xenforo?

• Wordpress- xenforo

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Xenportal - xenforo

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters

Baby Community

If you write your reason for preference in detail, i will be very happy.

They are different things aren't they?

Definitely. WordPress is a whole system in its own right that can be connected to Xenforo with help from add-ons. Xenporta is an add-on for Xenforo.

So it would depend on what you are after. If your goal is to have all your content in Xenforo, then Xenporta. WordPress only comes into play if you want to manage and serve content outside of Xenforo.

So if I buy xenporta now. When xenforo 3.1 is released, will I be able to update the latest version without paying?
I would not go that far. I vaguely recall that @Jaxel charged for his 2.x product even if you had his 1.x product. After all, going from 1.x to 2.x basically resulted in a new product. However, I did not start using Xenporta until I upgraded to 2.1 so can't confirm that. And as long 2.x is around, updates are included.

Xenporta is a nice portal and does also have the ability to format the threads you promote as "articles", similar to the XF 2.2 article threads. The feature promotion is nice, too, though it took me a while to find a use for it. My site is in my sig if you want to see it in action, though I only have one feature up right now so perhaps not the best demo.

But, as I already said, it is a front end to Xenforo, not a content management system in its own right like Wordpress. They are totally different things with totally different use cases so there isn't really a choice being offered here. The choice would really be between Xenforo and Wordpress and that comes down to whether you want a forum that does some content management or a full-blown CMS.

Top Bottom