Want to move from fluxbb to Xenforo

KidCastro

Hi Team,

Have only heard great things about Xenforo and going to a paid forum software.

My only issue is migration from my current fluxbb forum, I am scared to ruin it.

Is there any importer which can do this for me in a few steps with the least hassle?

Also, one license permits use on 1 or 2 forums? just want to know pre-sale.

Your assistance is appreciate.

Kind Regards,

Justin M

Try the importer see if it works.
The author of it is excellent.
If there is an issue with importing 1.5.3, I wouldn't put it past him to update it for you.
Past that, you might ask Jake Bunce to update it.

The # of posts is usually not important, especially if it is under a couple million.

Never heard of post count making a difference though it can make import slower. Yours is not so high.

Import to XF is usually fine. Most things transfer though the usergroup permissions are so powerful on XF it's worth double checking them.
Simplify your permissions before you move. Run checks after.
Strip out any other old stuff before you move and do other housekeeping - your users will absorb change in one go a lot easier is they can have a settled period afterwards.

Hi Team,

Have only heard great things about Xenforo and going to a paid forum software.

My only issue is migration from my current fluxbb forum, I am scared to ruin it.

Is there any importer which can do this for me in a few steps with the least hassle?

Also, one license permits use on 1 or 2 forums? just want to know pre-sale.

Your assistance is appreciate.

Kind Regards,

Justin M

Hi Justin,

A license grants you one install though you can setup a test site for development purposes which will need to be for your own personal use and not made public.

If you're having concerns about importing over I would highly suggest you let Jake Bunce do this if your not comfortable doing this yourself as he's done many imports successfully.

;) Thanks for the replies guys, the fastest Ive ever seen

I will ask Jake Bunce to help out via Private message once I make the purchase.

Xenforo looks awesome :cool:

Any support issues you might get will always be met with quick responses. This is one of the great things about this forum you are guaranteed to get help fast. On that note, Look forward in seeing you over here with your forum migrated to xenforo Justin you'll like what xenforo has to offer I am sure of. :)

Top Bottom