1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want to download the Vbulletin 4 importer but cant

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Hendrickson, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Hendrickson

Hendrickson New Member

Ok so I want to try the vbulletin 4 importer and to download it I get "you dont have premission to do this" Great way to get sales. Not sure if I will buy this now if I can even download the importer so I can move from VB4 to XF

What gives?

2. Hendrickson

Hendrickson New Member

3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Only licensed customers can download add-ons.

You would need the software anyway to be able to use it; it only works with XenForo software.

4. Hendrickson

Hendrickson New Member

Ok thanks, that explains it.

5. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Mods and styles are only available to xenforo customers. To download them you will need to buy a xenforo license then link your license to your forums account, at which point the downloads will be available to you.

DAMNIT THOUGHT ID BEAT BROGAN TO IT.

6. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

How does one try an importer for a product not yet purchased?

Shelley likes this.
  7. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Join the long line of victims, the list is growing daily. Back in 2011 - a few days ago I thought i beat him to the punch and then i happened to scroll back, there it was before my very eyes, "the brogan" posting the solution, to the issue that I personally thought i beat him to, and now my name resides on the list with hundreds of others. :(

Based on a true story

CapnLuffy likes this.
  8. Hendrickson

Hendrickson New Member

Well I wanted to get the importer. And have a look how it works if it supproted 4.0.6 (my version) I haven't even got XF yet. I'm still on VB4 and looking to move to XenForo. But I need more info on convert if it works are there errors. And my links in google etc. Little info out there...

So anyone converted from 4.0.6 without issues?

9. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

10. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Yep, full conversion of over 1million posts no issues

11. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Well-Known Member

yup I've imported 2 vb 4 boards with zero issues at all
    it's really amazing how simple it is TBH :)

12. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

boars?

*boards

13. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Well-Known Member

lol... boards ;)
    forums <--

14. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

yeah like evryone else said its pretty simple you don't need any php knoweldge at all. follow the steps and you are done
    i have to warn you
    at this moment xf doesn't support albums and social groups therefore you'll loss all of them
    however xf 1.1 which hasn't release yet (in the end of this month) would include the ability to import thread prefix and costume field
    wish you the best luck

15. Saeed

Saeed Well-Known Member

Maybe this would help you. :)
    Migration Experience - vBulletin 4.0.6 to XenForo

Actually, if you look at the screenshot in the thread mentioned above, it does import them. The importer creates a separate forum for each of them and imports them as threads in that particular forum. :)