Fixed  WAMP - Localhost Apache issue saving CSS files

Kim

Hey hey :)

I have discovered an issue with WAMP and Apache, when saving CSS files (only - templates changes save fine) in imported Styles (Default or new children styles no problems with saving CSS files)

Basically Apache is resetting the connection when I attempt to save a change to CSS files on imported Styles.

... and I would rather not go to Zend as I have other products on my localhost that work perfectly with WAMP.

Kim

you´´ll have much less problems if you install a (real)server on any old computer. if needed go to http://netboot.me
where you get the images for a cd or usb the rest is quite easy.
a step further will be a vps but such require more administration effort.

Hi Cool...I don't want a real server, nor VPS, this is a localhost on my own computer for development purposes, not a live situation ;) As I said in my original post, I am not after another solution, no other software has this issue, only xenforo on one particular set of circumstances (saving a CSS file on an imported style).

Hi Blandt.. as in; I get a windows message saying Apache has stopped running - but actually it hasn't it has just reset the connection to Apache, so when I try to save a CSS file it fails.

yes Mike... the one I first discovered it on was the forms.css which is only a pretty small one.

I have tested several others, but not one of the tiny baby ones..will do so now.

Ok... Interesting node_page.css which is a baby one saved fine.

pagenode.css also saved fine.

Hmmmmmm

could be size related...

Can you save an unmodified version of form.css? (Well, not totally unmodified - you'll need to add a space somewhere insignificant to trigger the "change indicator".)

Can you save an unmodified version of form.css? (Well, not totally unmodified - you'll need to add a space somewhere insignificant to trigger the "change indicator".)

Hi Mike,

No, form.css will not save.

Kim

I've noticed on WAMP that for whatever reason, when any PHP error occurs within XenForo, Apache completely crashes (and silently). The error appears in the PHP error log; nothing interesting in the Apache log.

Though it may be unrelated/just me.

Does this happen just on the localhost?

The reason I'm asking is to see if this is a server issue .... and if so do you know how to dig the log file?

Yes just on localhost, live server environment is fine (just too slow to develop on)

WAMP doesn't use IIS, but thanks anyway :)

I know ... :)

but any windows process that "hangs" or dies unexpectedly can be debugged with it
The tool provides special scripts for IIS though ... which you won't be using :) Any ways ... I only have two arms, give me some time I will get to this.
I always have this urge to mess and debug servers :D and I take great pleasure in doing it :D

Top Bottom