Walmart Credit Cards, you will need fraud protection from them.

While I despise Wal-Mart, I think in this particular instance the anger should be vented at Synchrony Bank

I think you missed the part where I said I have on a recorded call that a rep says "We are walmart, we don't trust bestbuy". To get to the card management page you either have to go to www.walmartstorecard.com/ or literally go to walmart.com and click a link (otherwise the login fails). You can not access this in any other way other than going through them. They identify themselves as "walmart" when they service you over the phone. As far as I am concerned from a consumer POV, it is a walmart CC.

If Walmart's name is on the card - they also should be responsible...

How about the Kardashians? Would you want them to be responsible?

kim-kardashian-credit-card.png

How about the Kardashians? Would you want them to be responsible?

kim-kardashian-credit-card.png
Where does it say karsashian there? All I see is card art and I'm not sure you are seeing the difference between cardstock art and brand identification.

I didn't have to go to kardashian.com to be able to log into my credit card, I do however have to go to walmart.com to log into my credit card. When I called the number on the card everything referred to my walmart card, the person on the line even referred to themselves as walmart and in other instances in representation of walmart.

I highly doubt that if you have that card above that when a rep answers the phone they say "Welcome to Kardashicard, how may I direct your call".

Not any more but there used to be a "Kardashian Card" company.

That's unfortunate (that it existed in the first place) but still it was a prepaid debit card with ridiculous fees that targeting young people and the uneducated alike.

Again, I doubt that the name Kardashian is mentioned once by reps when people called the number on the card, when you call the walmart card reps identify as walmart and that is my point.

Just like the Kardashian girls with that card...walmart may choose to distance themselves and use a different bank just as those girls distanced themselves from the card after because it hurts their image and their image can make or cost them money.

That's unfortunate (that it existed in the first place) but still it was a prepaid debit card with ridiculous fees that targeting young people and the uneducated alike.

Again, I doubt that the name Kardashian is mentioned once by reps when people called the number on the card, when you call the walmart card reps identify as walmart and that is my point.

Just like the Kardashian girls with that card...walmart may choose to distance themselves and use a different bank just as those girls distanced themselves from the card after because it hurts their image and their image can make or cost them money.
The "Kardashian Kard" was a private label label card, just like the Wal-Mart CC and others, so, yes, when it still existed the CSR likely did identify themselves as "Kardashian Card" representatives. Private label cards are the norm for most retailers; it's their branding, even when you to talk to a live CSR, but it is managed by a 3rd party financial company. There are some retailers that do their own cards but these days they are the exception. Here's an article that deals specifically with Synchrony.

Now as to why a Wal-Mart CC purchase at Best Buy would tend to trigger a fraud alert, the answer would need to come from Synchrony Bank as to what their thresholds are. The only thing that would be interesting to find out is whether Synchrony uses the same threshold across all of their private label cards or whether they use different thresholds depending on who their co-brand partner is.

Now, of course, semantics doesn't really help with the situation you find yourself in but as was already pointed out, the Wal-Mart CC, even though it is issued & managed to Synchrony, is through MasterCard and their rules would indeed trump the others. In short, when you're dealing with "Wal-Mart CC" reps, you're really talking to either a Synchrony CSR or a 3rd party call center contracted by Synchrony (one phone call they might identify themselves as "Wal-Mart CC", the next call right after they might be "Lowes CC", and so on) and if you truly hit a brick wall in trying resolve a problem you could try reaching out to MasterCard directly (eg: here's their policies for merchants).

The "Kardashian Kard" was a private label label card, just like the Wal-Mart CC and others, so, yes, when it still existed the CSR likely did identify themselves as "Kardashian Card" representatives. Private label cards are the norm for most retailers; it's their branding, even when you to talk to a live CSR, but it is managed by a 3rd party financial company. There are some retailers that do their own cards but these days they are the exception. Here's an article that deals specifically with Synchrony.

Now as to why a Wal-Mart CC purchase at Best Buy would tend to trigger a fraud alert, the answer would need to come from Synchrony Bank as to what their thresholds are. The only thing that would be interesting to find out is whether Synchrony uses the same threshold across all of their private label cards or whether they use different thresholds depending on who their co-brand partner is.

Now, of course, semantics doesn't really help with the situation you find yourself in but as was already pointed out, the Wal-Mart CC, even though it is issued & managed to Synchrony, is through MasterCard and their rules would indeed trump the others. In short, when you're dealing with "Wal-Mart CC" reps, you're really talking to either a Synchrony CSR or a 3rd party call center contracted by Synchrony (one phone call they might identify themselves as "Wal-Mart CC", the next call right after they might be "Lowes CC", and so on) and if you truly hit a brick wall in trying resolve a problem you could try reaching out to MasterCard directly (eg: here's their policies for merchants).
The difference between a walmart card and a kardashian card is obvious though, one is a line of credit, and one is a prepay. Walmart cards help foster sales for walmart as a credit device whereas the kardashians influence among some young people helped sell the card product they endoresed which itself is the sale/product and costed 100-120 a year to use.

I appreciate the info (though your first article is a sign in to read thing) and am glad you are sharing that with other folks, I am making a point though. My point was and still is that I am a person that is not affiliated with anyone, when I call the number on my walmart card and you identify as walmart and say that walmart does not trust bestbuy...you are representing walmart.

The legal mumbo jumbo is not my business, I'm making clear that I shouldn't have to do any homework to figure out which large business was stealing from me nor should I have to spend a total of 14 hours on the phone before I figure out where the money is.

The matter is solved now but it doesn't change the fact that multiple businesses gave me the run around and misinformation in regards to things that are bound to my name. Those people on the phones got paid to screw with me, I lost time and had to be stressed while I'm in the middle of a move.

Where does it say karsashian there? All I see is card art and I'm not sure you are seeing the difference between cardstock art and brand identification.

I didn't have to go to kardashian.com to be able to log into my credit card, I do however have to go to walmart.com to log into my credit card. When I called the number on the card everything referred to my walmart card, the person on the line even referred to themselves as walmart and in other instances in representation of walmart.

I highly doubt that if you have that card above that when a rep answers the phone they say "Welcome to Kardashicard, how may I direct your call".
exactly...

Top Bottom