Waiting on answers before buying?

vaadar

Hello,

I saw the "August Update" and then a discussion thread with lots of questions, to which a moderator replied that he had answered to them but was just formatting them before posting it.

I want to buy 2x licenses, but only once I've heard what is going on with replies to those questions. (It's the resource manage that interests me).

-Vaadar

I wouldn't say support here is great, if it were, half the members wouldn't need to "hide" in invisible modes every day... and rather spend most of their time creating drama threads on http://adminextra.com/forums/xenforo.44/ they'd be here diving head first to help. Nor spending alot of time in this thread: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/vb5-beta-released-and.36137/unread and tons of other unrelated threads not related to XenForo support itself.

There's no reasons to "hide" on here at all. It's a support forum to offer support to people. Most on "invisible" used to be active here, posting every day all day, but that changed over past few weeks sadly. Only really see them if they're *****ing or part of drama some how, some way. From where I sit, it's turning into vBulletin.com/support/ Jr. :P I know some of mine have been answered, but considering the fact of how many are on here daily, and their vast knowledge of general coding, skinning, and etc. The answers aren't coming as quickly as you'd think, so the whole "jumping over each other to answer or respond" isn't valid anymore.

There IS ticket support going on though, Jonathan Coleman had answered one.

This comment concerns me lol.

Got any unanswered questions?

Not sure at moment, pretty much gave up asking about XF stuff and alot I did leave, I removed myself cause it was by-passed lol. I'll have to go through my threads again then. Been working on my development site running Burning Board lol.

It's been a long time since I've seen questions go unanswered, I chip in when I can too.

I wouldn't say support here is great, if it were, half the members wouldn't need to "hide" in invisible modes every day... and rather spend most of their time creating drama threads on http://adminextra.com/forums/xenforo.44/ they'd be here diving head first to help. Nor spending alot of time in this thread: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/vb5-beta-released-and.36137/unread and tons of other unrelated threads not related to XenForo support itself.

There's no reasons to "hide" on here at all. It's a support forum to offer support to people. Most on "invisible" used to be active here, posting every day all day, but that changed over past few weeks sadly. Only really see them if they're *****ing or part of drama some how, some way. From where I sit, it's turning into vBulletin.com/support/ Jr. :p I know some of mine have been answered, but considering the fact of how many are on here daily, and their vast knowledge of general coding, skinning, and etc. The answers aren't coming as quickly as you'd think, so the whole "jumping over each other to answer or respond" isn't valid anymore.

There IS ticket support going on though, Jonathan Coleman had answered one.

This comment concerns me lol.

Support Here is actually excellent. I have not personally seen a thread go without a response and I check the support areas daily.

Yeah true though, I just looked back through some threads of mine now, and noticed I had gotten replies to them. It's weird though, because I don't remember even seeing the alerts for them... >_> Maybe I had an alert system plug up lmao. I know that SSH line commands thread got responses fairly quickly.. xD I'll have to go through some past threads again, going over what's been provided. :) Just been swapped too with house work stuff, and other software testing / support as well. I was always told to not put all your eggs into one basket... Hence trying two different software out first, see how they both function, work, hold up, etc etc. :) I think XF would be the better one for my main forum though.. They're more apt to use the "social" / alerts and "likes"... I know they'll LOVE all that stuff xD

I'll be honest I'm not happy with the situation here at all but xenforo really does speak for itself, it's a great product and I just can't part myself from a product that is excellent and stands head and shoulders above the crowd. That being said, because of the ****ty atmosphere here lately with member bashing member that as positive as I'm going to be. Great product, ****ty atmosphere here at xenforo.

Top Bottom