VonDroid - critique welcome!

Looks clean.
Nice XenPorta.

I see your site is about Android ... but I honestly can't figure out what aspect of Android.
How about an "About Us" Tab ?

I like how you took out the Members Tab. It's useless anyway.

A review tab would be nice.

Film a video about the TV sticks and what they do ... maybe some How Tos ?
Make a Buyer's Guide for these .... I bet the Christmas rush will gets some good hits.

Site looks great !

Fantastic. Best forum I've seen in a while. Great job.

very nice design, well organize, and there is actually worthy content. What else can I say!
Well Done!

Thank you both very much!

Looks clean.
Nice XenPorta.

I see your site is about Android ... but I honestly can't figure out what aspect of Android.
How about an "About Us" Tab ?

I like how you took out the Members Tab. It's useless anyway.

A review tab would be nice.

Film a video about the TV sticks and what they do ... maybe some How Tos ?
Make a Buyer's Guide for these .... I bet the Christmas rush will gets some good hits.

Site looks great !

Thank you for the suggestion, I have just written a few mini pages (about us, join staff etc) and added a new tab for those. Does that make more sense now? Also I have considered a review tab but I'm waiting until we have more hardware (money is tight).

I've updated the design a little more.

-> Widget framework to keep a consistent sidebar
-> Added more pages
-> A few tweaks such as removing h1 from front page and forum title

I've updated with MicroDownloads Commercial now. I've customised that quite a bit to get it to match the layout and design of my XF site.

Very nice. I have not signed up to one Android forum since they are all so bloated with ads and run slow.
I normally only visit those forums from google searches.

Yours has promise.
I 'd like to see what is available to download without registering.

You should put in an a delay for your "hi there" notifation for unregistered users. This way uses will focus on content first, be interested, and fx after 30 seconds the notification pops up and users say "yes, I will register"

You should put in an a delay for your "hi there" notifation for unregistered users. This way uses will focus on content first, be interested, and fx after 30 seconds the notification pops up and users say "yes, I will register"
That is the 2nd forum I've seen that used it and is the very first thing I click to hide.
I don't even know what it says. :)

A delay would get my attention. Good suggestion.

I hit the x to make it go away and it didn't. Nice site, but nothing irks me more than stuff like that continuing to float on the page because I can't get rid of it...

I like that you've done with the style in general Piers. There are some problems that I've came across which I like to share. Like the user information section getting pushed below:

kwqMI.png

I would move that part to the moderation bar if I were you. Would look much better in my opinion.

The profile tab button seems off, can barely read:

GgAtV.png

Any particular reason not leaving it as it is?

The thread title part of a thread, hangs freely there like it's a seperate part. Doesn't feel right to me:

dDsY6.png

Shelley made a css modfication which enhances the thread title in a nice way:

egc4C.png

Maybe something to consider (y)

Good one. Just a question. How can I have the Hi There notification yellow box on my forum? Is it an addon?

Thanks and keep up the good work!

I also closed the "hi there" without reading further. I delay would be nice.

Thank you for the feedback, I have added a 20s delay to the hover notices.

As for the design: the thread or page title heading are supposed to look like that, it draws the users' attention to the content and breaks the content away from the header a bit.

The tabs on the profile page aren't working with the css I've used, I thought they were correct but will need to look into why they work on the Downloads area but not on the profile page.

:)

Top Bottom