• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Voicebar - Fixed Footer and News Ticker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trombones13

Voicebar - Fixed Footer and News Ticker
Latest Release: Version 1.0.1​
Version History: [link]
Demo: Live site - The Voice Internet Radio

Screenshot:
Voicebar Sample.webp

Special Thanks

Description
Voicebar is an add-on that allows you to add a fixed footer to your forum containing useful links and a news ticker of the latest information being posted. These links, text, and additional features can be controlled through options and custom settings in the Admin CP that allow you to customize your footer to your specifications.

Installation
  1. Download and unzip the .zip folder attached at the bottom of this post.
  2. Upload everything inside the upload directory to the appropriate directories, which are noted by the names of the folders.
  3. Install the add-on by importing the XML file contained in the .zip folder.
  4. Edit the footer as follows:
  • Edit colors @tertiaryDark, @tertiaryMedium, @voicebarHover, @voicebarBelow, and @voicebarShadow in the Color Palette.
  • Edit voicebar_button_left and voicebar_button_right text in Phrases.
  • Edit links, images, and text in Options, under Voicebar - Fixed Footer and News Ticker - Settings.
Support
Please ask any questions, give suggestions, etc. about the add-on in this thread. Asking on my site will result in me redirecting you to here.

Thanks for checking out the add-on; I hope it will work as a nice solution to deliver links and information on your site. As previously mentioned, questions and suggestions are more than welcome. :)

Attachments

Version History:

1.0.1 - Option added to toggle buttons (October 6, 2011)​
1.0.0 - First stable release (October 4, 2011)​

Future Additions:
  • Some way to change display order for each of the ticker links, so newest info can be sent to top without reordering each one?
  • User toggle button
  • Display fix (or remove altogether) for mobile web and IE6

Congrats Kurt...glad you worked it all out in the end. It is addicting though isn't it...don't you wanna go make another addon now ?:D

Very cool. Is there a way to feed it an xml doc to show?
If you modify the addon it yes that should be possible ...pm me a link to an xml doc of yours that I can grab and I'll play around with it at some point today...I need a break from what I am working on anyways:-).

I noticed this on your forum and I'm glad you're sharing it with others, although I wouldn't be using it, ;)

Great add-on, (y)

Congrats Kurt...glad you worked it all out in the end. It is addicting though isn't it...don't you wanna go make another addon now ?:D

If you modify the addon it yes that should be possible ...pm me a link to an xml doc of yours that I can grab and I'll play around with it at some point today...I need a break from what I am working on anyways:).

Thanks, I'll grab one/throw one together once I finish my real work for the day. Was thinking of using it as a sports score ticker.

Whoooo, glad you got it all sorted out - glad I could help. Thanks for the credits remaining in place, appreciated.

Great little addon. Just a suggestion, you take the whole streaming side away from it and it would be a great notification/alert bar

Oh; I should mention that if you're looking at my site, the "Now Playing:" list item is a custom addition to my own site's installation of the add-on and doesn't come with it (since it wouldn't work anyway).
ddmmh, I'm not sure what exactly you mean about making it into a notification/alert bar--if you have any specific ideas on how that could work, feel free to let me know. :)

Oh; I should mention that if you're looking at my site, the "Now Playing:" list item is a custom addition to my own site's installation of the add-on and doesn't come with it (since it wouldn't work anyway).
ddmmh, I'm not sure what exactly you mean about making it into a notification/alert bar--if you have any specific ideas on how that could work, feel free to let me know. :)
What I meant was, see how you got the bar at the bottom that scrolls through with different messages linked to posts. Just that could be a gread add-on in itself I think :) but 1.1 i believe has notifications so maybe not needed but it looks sooo nice, well done

What I meant was, see how you got the bar at the bottom that scrolls through with different messages linked to posts. Just that could be a gread add-on in itself I think :) but 1.1 i believe has notifications so maybe not needed but it looks sooo nice, well done
Ah; I see. Thanks! :)

Thanks ..
I have not activated the add.
Can you help?
The settings in this way:View attachment 19507View attachment 19508
a. Did you upload all of the files? Perhaps try again to make sure.
b. Which site is it on so I can look at it? This one?

screenshot040es.jpg
Is there a possibility to listen now button and request a song to remove

screenshot040es.jpg
Is there a possibility to listen now button and request a song to remove
Yes; to remove both buttons, find and delete this from the voicebar_main template:
HTML:
<div align="center" style="min-height:35px">
                <label id="SignupButton" style="float:right; margin:0"><a href="{$xenOptions.voicebar_button_right_link}" class="inner">{xen:phrase voicebar_button_right}</a></label>
        <div style="float:right; margin:{$xenOptions.voicebar_button_margin}px;"></div>
                <label id="SignupButton" style="float:right; margin:0"><a href="{$xenOptions.voicebar_button_left_link}" target="_blank" class="inner">{xen:phrase voicebar_button_left}</a></label>
</div>
I'll add an additional option for that and release it as 1.0.1 tonight.

jcarousellite_1.0.1c4.js and Listener.php>>installed on the two
also re-installed

understand?
I do not know English, the translation using..
bottom right:
9Zh3.png

Does this problem?
I do not think that is a problem.
Try checking the security settings on Listener.php--I think the file should be CHMOD 644. When I go to that page (http://www.islamforumu.net/library/Voicebar/Listener.php) I get a 403 Forbidden message, and I think it should be blank. Let me know if you don't understand or if that doesn't work.

Version 1.0.1 has been released--the only addition is that it adds toggles for the buttons.
Voicebar_1.0.1_Button_Toggles.webp
No need to upgrade unless you'd like to have those options--if you do, just overwrite the XML file and reupload.

Note that since I don't have a development installation, I have not tested to confirm this works with XF 1.1, so install at your own risk (and let me know if you do take the risk and it works, haha).

Hello

Is it possible that you yourself can add a picture
instead of the logo of the site

I use it for advertising purposes and then it is good that there is a picture of that company there is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom