Voice recordings

This is getting so off topic.
It's just the usual of what happens around here; instead of addressing the topic head-on, certain posters instead go after any responses they don't agree with to tear down that idea instead of just answering the OP directly with their own.

For a community that is all experienced with audio recording then, yes, they likely are familiar with how to record audio only on their device. For a GA where any experience level may be encountered then a phone video recording would be easiest & fastest for the masses. Or... for greatest flexibility, just allow both as post attachments types.

certain posters instead go after any responses they don't agree with to tear down that idea instead of just answering the OP directly with their own.

Indeed, certain posters have done that ;)

Or... for greatest flexibility, just allow both as post attachments types.
Which is exactly what we have. Although I imagine you meant to qualify that to mean attachments with embedded players. Ever since the beginning of xenforo I believe they could be attached as defined file types, the recent changes have been in regard to taking that a step mfurther and having them embedded with vidoe or audio players.

I would love this functionality. A button at the reply box similar to how it works on whatsapp. Hold the button to record, release the button to add the audio clip to your post. Simple.

Seems to be standard on these forums when you ask about certain functionality people come out of the woodwork to either disparage your question or suggest something completely unsuitable.

Top Bottom