1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Visible Advertising by User Group

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Craig, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Craig

Craig Active Member

Good evening to you.

I know there is a way to choose what user groups see advertising. I set it up once before, but in my old age it would appear I have already forgotten how to do that.

Thanks in advance for the help!
  2. oman

oman Well-Known Member

I use this: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/bd-rotating-ads.292/

Works well, and is a great add on.
    Craig likes this.
  3. luutruong

luutruong Active Member

<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_group_id} ==id group see ads">
    html ads here
    maybe help...
    oman likes this.
  4. oman

oman Well-Known Member

^ That would be a great way if you preferred to do it manually, rather than using the add on.
  5. Craig

Craig Active Member

I would like the ads just above the top breadcrumbs, and only seen by unregistered/guests
    I have no clue where to put this code. I am new to this whole process and I have no coding experience except cut and pasting it.

Thanks for the help!
  6. oman

oman Well-Known Member

If you are new to the coding, I suggest you use the add on.

You can then go to appearance >> rotating ads >> create new item. All you will need to do then is do a few things:

You can specify the position, put the html code of the ad in, and select the usergroups you want it to appear to.,
    Craig and luutruong like this.
  7. Craig

Craig Active Member

Thank you so very much! That was uber-simple!!!
  8. Craig

Craig Active Member

I have been using this add on for sometime now, but I would like some ads to appear in other areas, and only visible to unregistered/guests. Is there a way this add on can be used to have ads displayed in multiple locations, or do you have any other alternative suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
  9. oman

oman Well-Known Member

The add on allows you to display ads in multiple locations. Just copy the code of the same ad you want, and create a new ad and choose the location. :)
    Craig likes this.
  10. Craig

Craig Active Member

Ok, I figured it out! Thanks!