Visible Advertising by User Group

Craig

Good evening to you.

I know there is a way to choose what user groups see advertising. I set it up once before, but in my old age it would appear I have already forgotten how to do that.

Thanks in advance for the help!

I would like the ads just above the top breadcrumbs, and only seen by unregistered/guests
Code:
<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_group_id} ==id group see ads">
html ads here
</xen:if>
maybe help...
I have no clue where to put this code. I am new to this whole process and I have no coding experience except cut and pasting it.

Thanks for the help!

If you are new to the coding, I suggest you use the add on.

You can then go to appearance >> rotating ads >> create new item. All you will need to do then is do a few things:

lJn8h.png

You can specify the position, put the html code of the ad in, and select the usergroups you want it to appear to.,

You can then go to appearance >> rotating ads >> create new item. All you will need to do then is do a few things:

lJn8h.png

You can specify the position, put the html code of the ad in, and select the usergroups you want it to appear to.,
Thank you so very much! That was uber-simple!!!

lJn8h.png

I have been using this add on for sometime now, but I would like some ads to appear in other areas, and only visible to unregistered/guests. Is there a way this add on can be used to have ads displayed in multiple locations, or do you have any other alternative suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

I have been using this add on for sometime now, but I would like some ads to appear in other areas, and only visible to unregistered/guests. Is there a way this add on can be used to have ads displayed in multiple locations, or do you have any other alternative suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

The add on allows you to display ads in multiple locations. Just copy the code of the same ad you want, and create a new ad and choose the location. :)

Top Bottom