[vIO] Discord [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velocity I/O

Velocity I/O submitted a new resource:

[vIO] Discord - Remove the discord between Discord and XenForo, and integrate them together.

This integration provides integration between XenForo and Discord to allow you to manage your Discord from XenForo.

Integrations at the moment include:
  • Role Sync'ing
    • Define user groups for each role and have XenForo update and give users roles on your Discord server based on defined associations
  • Role Permissions
    • When viewing your roles in XenForo, a quick glance of each role's permission set on Discord is available.
  • Member Associations...

Read more about this resource...

Possible to get more screenshots on what this looks like..? the 3 screenshots you added doesnt say much from an end-users perspective.

There's nothing else to screen shot, unless you'd like one of the search page that shows a Discord Member ID field. Or an overlay with user group list in a drop down.

There's nothing else to screen shot, unless you'd like one of the search page that shows a Discord Member ID field. Or an overlay with user group list in a drop down.

So it's not like Discord actually shows up on your forum?, What I am really after if ever possible, would be having Discord onm y forum so they wouldnt need to open discordapp.com or whatever their website is at all.

No, it doesn't provide Discord on the actual site. It provides user group sync'ing to Discord as the description states.

The API is not designed to handle an attempt at embedding the messages on your site.

So it's not like Discord actually shows up on your forum?, What I am really after if ever possible, would be having Discord onm y forum so they wouldnt need to open discordapp.com or whatever their website is at all.

It's an app that they download to their PC. They can easily have both open.
Now that the member integration is there, you could even open the website version in an iframe within your site.

No, it doesn't provide Discord on the actual site. It provides user group sync'ing to Discord as the description states.

The API is not designed to handle an attempt at embedding the messages on your site.

Well I know it's possible to atleast show whos on discord and arent on your website, but as I guessed I wouldnt be able to interact with anyone in that frame.

Discord isn't really designed for that. It's an app you use in your browser or you download to your desktop. This addon makes it so you can sync roles and search by discord id via xf so you can validate that users are from your site

Indeed however its not what he wanted unfortunately :(. The API doesn't really allow for building Discord into Xenforo.

I hope it will one day:) The fewer browser tabs the better xD Would love to have Discord one day fully integrated on my forum, so people can talk with eachother on my forum, ofc standard muted for mic and sound untill they want to use it:P

Hey. I am concerned about the issue of sending a text message to a specific channel on behalf of the user. I understand it is possible?

You can do so that would be a tick while setting certain message from the forum took the channel Discord? Asking channel parameters in the topic. I am satisfied even just text.

Sorry for bad english

This addon does not authorize as individual users, so it can not send messages as a user.

The official API may change this stance, but this addon will not expand to include that feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom