1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Radio

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Gabby, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Gabby

Gabby Well-Known Member

Any vintage radio listeners around here? I love it and it's helps me fall asleep. It's like an escape and adventure for your mind. Helps take your mind of stressful daily things and to wind down. I like all the mystery series the best.

I was a beta tester for the app and really love it. Pluse it's cheap and you can also join the site.

http://www.vintageradioshows.com/

2. BlackJacket

BlackJacket Well-Known Member

Music from the 30's, 40's and 50's was beautiful. Love it. :)

Gabby likes this.
  3. Gabby

Gabby Well-Known Member

Me too. Ever watch Midnight in Paris? One of my favorite movies.

BlackJacket likes this.
  4. MagnusB

MagnusB Well-Known Member

I prefer Last.fm on a volume that makes my neighbours considering moving to wind down... For "talkies", I subscribe to some podcasts that I listen to on my way to and from work... Funny how two hour shows condensed down to only the talking (no music and now commercial breaks) usually never breaks an hour....

Gabby likes this.
  5. BlackJacket

BlackJacket Well-Known Member

Yes! My favorite movie from yester-year is Gilda. OMG I love that movie!

Gabby likes this.
  6. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Well-Known Member

Those old radio shows are very cool. "Theater of the mind" :)

I would've loved to have been alive during some of the older periods of time like early in the 1900s and especially through the 1950s.

Gabby likes this.
  7. Gabby

Gabby Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, now thats when woman still had normal, healthy looking bodies. The dresses RH wore in Gilda were wonderful. She was so pretty.

BlackJacket likes this.
  8. Gabby

Gabby Well-Known Member

I know what you mean. I would have loved to have grown up in that era as well but only up until women were thrown back into making dinner with pearls on post WWII. So strange to see women were treated so differently post war.

People were so different. Life was so lived. What do we have today? Facebook????:eek: Urggg barff.

Luckily I have a unique kid so she loves this kind of movie as well. She knows more about lit that I do.

I just like listening to vintage radio because I can go on a journey in my mind. LOL So much better than trying to learn CSS.

9. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Well-Known Member

I'd love to as long as we got to keep our advancements in medicine, civil rights, etc. :)