1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not a Bug Viewing the forum in an iPad, footer issue

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by MJD, Dec 19, 2013.

1. MJD

MJD Member

I spent a few hours looking into this and just discovered the issue existed here at the Xenforo forum as well.

When viewing the forum in an iPad (using Safari/landscape mode), the footer will not end where it should. Instead it continues to scroll down a good entire screen width, showing nothing but a fully greyed blank screen.

At first I thought it was my forum and some template modification that I made, but the same thing happened when I switched my forum into the "default" mode. I deactivated all the add-ons as well, to no avail.

So I wondered if it was native to Xenforo so I tried the same thing here at Xenforo.com/community/

Same thing. When I view the forum here on an iPad and scroll down to the footer, the footer ends, but the screen does not. I can scroll another entire screen width before the roll stops. I'd give a screenshot but that is nothing but a blank, gray screen.

When I tried this other Xenforo forums, I get the same result.

Yet, when I view both my forum and xenforo.com on Safari on a laptop or a desktop, it renders perfect.

Any ideas?

2. tommydamic68

tommydamic68 Well-Known Member

@MJD - Try refreshing the cache on your IPad in your iPad settings.

MJD likes this.
  3. MJD

MJD Member

Thank you Tommy, that resolved the issue. Mod can close thread, or mark as resolved.