XF 2.2 View Public Profile Without Editing?

Steve Freides

As an admin/moderator, I am often interested to see a user's Public Profile so that I can see their recent posts.

But the only way - that I'm aware of, anyway - to get there is to Edit the user, then View Public Profile. I would like to, directly from wherever I'm looking at their username, have not only the option to Edit, but also to View their Profile, since I'm not immediately interested in editing anything, just in looking.

Is there a way to make this option available (available again?) If memory serves, what I'm asking about is a feature I lost in XF when we went from version 1 to version 2. (Apologies if that's not correct.)

Thanks in advance for your replies.

-S-

@Brogan, if I'm in the moderation queue, or looking at a forum message, and I want to see a user's public profile, what do I do? Are you suggesting I open up a new tab and type in this?

https://<forum_URL>/members/<username.usernumber>/#recent-content

That's what your link was. There is something here that seems obvious to you that I'm just not getting.

Thank you.

-S-

I really don't understand what it is you are trying to do.

You asked for a way to view a member's recent posts.
The link I provided does exactly that.

Perhaps you should explain and clarify exactly what it is you are trying to achieve.

There is no manual URL forming required in XF - everything is linked and requires just clicking.

I really don't understand what it is you are trying to do.
I am an idiot.

When I'm looking at a username in the moderation queue, all I've ever done is hover my mouse over the little hexagonal asterisk thing in the top right, which gives and Edit choice but no Public Profile choice.

What I never tried, before just now, was just clicking on the username, which brings up the public profile.

-S-

Top Bottom