Videos; Media vs Post

gldtn

I'm recently trying to close all threads that does nothing but hold videos from Youtube & Vimeo. One thread that I have has 77 pages, and I dislike that and sometimes can take a while to load. I do have Xenforo's Media add-on and I'm trying to get others to use it more often.

Although I have other admins that don't think it's a problem and think is not dynamic as posting a video on a thread. Could you guys help me convince these admins otherwise.

Pro's vs Cons?

Thanks!

I'm probably in the minority, but I'm quite happy without the Media addon. I just have a subforum dedicated to videos. It allows for full discussion functionality and saves my users, who aren't super technically savvy, from having to learn a new interface. KISS.

I'm probably in the minority, but I'm quite happy without the Media addon. I just have a subforum dedicated to videos. It allows for full discussion functionality and saves my users, who aren't super technically savvy, from having to learn a new interface. KISS.

I have the media addon. It's awesome.

However, I think it's best used for sites that specifically cater to a niche that would really be happy with a section for pics/vids. You know, photography, car clubs, design forums, gamers with youtube channels, etc.

For your every day forum that's not focused on media, then doing what you did is perfect - sub forums, OR, just let people post pics/vids wherever they want provided they are relevant to the node.

Like you said, KISS works. My site being a newsy/bloggish type, having the media section was just too much. Only think I miss is watermarking pics and wish I could do that with regular uploads.

Top Bottom