Videos about XF and its features... -- are there more?

TLMD

Since I am new to XF I was looking for some videos about this software. This is how I came to the XF videos on Vimeo. I really like how Kier is presenting new features there and since I am more like the visual type of person, I love to get new info via videos. :)

So... I am wondering, if there are more of these videos available somewhere? If not, are new videos planned, now that XF has come to v1.2?

Yes, I already checked those and they give a good overview. Anyway, if one day there is both enough time and ressources, I would be happy to see more video presentations like the ones a year ago. It is just personal preference, but I thought this is the right place to share it. :)

Yes, I already checked those and they give a good overview. Anyway, if one day there is both enough time and ressources, I would be happy to see more video presentations like the ones a year ago. :)

You can try it out yourselves, why would you want too see video's?

It's like watching an unboxing of your new iPhone/Galaxy while you have already bought it ;)

You can try it out yourselves, why would you want too see video's?

It's like watching an unboxing of your new iPhone/Galaxy while you have already bought it ;)
Personally I think announcing or showing new features in videos is more like a visual podcast. I just like the video format as a way to present information.

Personally I think announcing or showing new features in videos is more like a visual podcast. I just like the video format as a way to present information.

I believe that Floris/XenFans also made a few videos that were useful.

Good to know, thanks! (y)

However these videos are also quite old. Isn't there any newer stuff out there?

Perhaps we can have a community contribution? The community submit their HYS vid in for a specific feature and it's looked at by staff whether it's worth adding. Just a thought.

Fan based tutorial videos is always possible, I guess, but it only makes sense, if they are of good quality.

Perhaps we can have a community contribution? The community submit their HYS vid in for a specific feature and it's looked at by staff whether it's worth adding. Just a thought.
No, I only want Kier's smooth voice and that British accent :barefoot:

No, I only want Kier's smooth voice and that British accent :barefoot:

What you want and what you get are two different things. Kier would have submitted HYS vids by now so let's look for an alternative and utilise the community talents which xenforo would greatly benefit from.:)

What you want and what you get are two different things. Kier would have submitted HYS vids by now so let's look for an alternative and utilise the community talents which xenforo would greatly benefit from.:)

Let the first annual's Kier voicelookalikes contest begin!

Let the first annual's Kier voicelookalikes contest begin!
Record the video while being barefoot! There you go... :barefoot: ;)

Jokery aside (which I embrace) :)

Is it absolute that you need Kier to do these videos? Even at the cost that any of the HYS community submissions the info to help people would be good? Remembering that this isn't about personal desire but good solid information via media for the community so to take the topic remotely seriously it should be about what the community will benefit from.

If this is just one of those thread perhaps it's better placed in Off-topic?

I actually prefer the new format of HYS. Videos are great demonstrations and all, but it's much easier to quickly find information using the new Mike format.

I actually prefer the new format of HYS. Videos are great demonstrations and all, but it's much easier to quickly find information using the new Mike format.

The Mike format (I'm laughing at that one) is good. :D It does the job just as well and I have to admit i don't personally see anything wrong with it.

Top Bottom