Videos about XF and its features... -- are there more?

Or do what I did for absolutely no reason other than to do it,

Combine the two so that at certain points on the timeline for the video specific text is shown, I did this with a test tutorial video I made and when the video used an example piece of code at a specific point in time, a box would get populated with that code so it could be copied and would fade out after x time or when the next marked timeline point was reach, whatever came first.

Either way...I don't care who does the video, but I would like to have a video as well as text...might just be me but ...

Pictures = worth 1000 words
Movies = worth (1000)*(X) pictures

Last edited:
I have a feeling Kier has more up his sleeve for future presentation.

And yes I agree it would be nice to have it in both formats.

Is it absolute that you need Kier to do these videos? Even at the cost that any of the HYS community submissions the info to help people would be good?
I actually prefer the new format of HYS.
I can only speak for myself, but I think videos are a good thing to give an overview of new features while showing them right away. I agree that with reading usually one can get the information itself easier, however with a video you can adress more than only one sense. And you can adress people that are not (yet) familiar with XF because they see what the software is offering.

It is not that I need videos, it is just that I see potential in those. But I also know that they may take more time, which one always has to keep in mind. Maybe in the future, when there is enough time and resources, the announcement videos will come back (which I would like to happen) or maybe we will have it in both formats: written and visual.

Anyways, keep up the good work! XF, with all its features, is awesome!

I can only speak for myself, but I think videos are a good thing to give an overview of new features while showing them right away. I agree that with reading usually one can get the information itself easier, however with a video you can adress more than only one sense. And you can adress people that are not (yet) familiar with XF because they see what the software is offering.

It is not that I need videos, it is just that I see potential in those. But I also know that they may take more time, which one always has to keep in mind. Maybe in the future, when there is enough time and resources, the announcement videos will come back (which I would like to happen) or maybe we will have it in both formats: written and visual.

I agree. There is a room for both formats (good thread btw). Which is why I suggested Utilising the community talents in bring this information to people. There must be a reason why Kier hasn't created more HYS vids so I still think tapping into the community is a win/win solution. :)

I agree that videos are helpful, but out of only video or informative post, I'll take the post any day.

Top Bottom