XF 2.2 Overwhelmed by control panel - Are there more tutorial videos?

bennylava

Finally got some time to work on my forum and I'm making my way through these videos made by the Xenforo people:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

However they are somewhat limited in scope. So I wanted to stop by and ask if there are more videos somewhere, that teach you how to operate the Xenforo admin control panel. The back end of the forum. More videos that cover more functionality would be greatly appreciated!

There's one other possibility - if an Ai chatbot could be trained to show exactly how to do something in Xenforo, when you ask it the question. Could be very useful to newbs like me. Thanks!

The easiest thing is trial and error. There's a search button in the control panel to find anything you need.
There really should be a manual dealing with the default settings. As a new license holder of the script, I struggle and frequently have to ask the guy I purchased my license from for help. Generally getting a response from him is quicker than asking a question here and has been on point.

Might help if you let us know some things you are trying to accomplish?
Does that not defeat the entire purpose of a guide/manual? Why should someone have to keep coming and asking on this site for something that is a hard coded function/feature and should easily be documented? Let's not even go into the arena of where valid license holders can not access this site (as a site admin that I am staff on his site can't) and core documentation is .... core. For most, documentation is essential.
Honestly.. if it wasn't for the knowledge of the guy I purchased my license from I'd have a hard time easily dealing with controlling the site as a beginner from what is available as so-called official documentation. The administration in the call center I worked at did a better job at documentation... and they were in no way efficient and effective.

Last edited:
Does that not defeat the entire purpose of a guide/manual? Why should someone have to keep coming and asking on this site for something that is a hard coded function/feature and should easily be documented? Let's not even go into the arena of where valid license holders can not access this site (as a site admin that I am staff on his site can't) and core documentation is .... core. For most, documentation is essential.
Honestly.. if it wasn't for the knowledge of the guy I purchased my license from I'd have a hard time easily dealing with controlling the site as a beginner from what is available as so-called official documentation. The administration in the call center I worked at did a better job at documentation... and they were in no way efficient and effective.

Sometimes when you are trying out new software if someone walks you through a few steps you'll feel more confident after you complete a few tasks. I don't mind someone giving a newbie advice so they don't feel overwhelmed and that the problem is insurmountable.

I don't think "RTFM" is a valid response in every situation. Your mileage may vary.

Sometimes when you are trying out new software if someone walks you through a few steps you'll feel more confident after you complete a few tasks. I don't mind someone giving a newbie advice so they don't feel overwhelmed and that the problem is insurmountable.

I don't think "RTFM" is a valid response in every situation. Your mileage may vary.

A manual as good as the Arch Linux manual would be really helpful, even to me. I say that cause I'm one of those people who learns better by seeing it done. A visual learner I think it's called. That's why I was hoping there would be more videos one day. But if the Ai's are actually pretty good helpers for Xenforo, that will probably be all I ever need.

Haven't tried it yet but I have noticed that often the Ai (perplexity for example) just won't know the answer when you start getting specific about software. It seems wonderful for video games and for the Linux operating system. If it's that good for Xenforo, then most of the support issues are likely easily handled.

Top Bottom