XF 1.2 Video

I recently built a new video uploader that offloads the video upload to youtube and spits back the link/embed so if you are willing to pay for custom development it is certainly possible. Unless you have a ridiculous server yourself or a second one separate from your site that you can run a queue for encoding the vids to a proper format for the web, you pretty much need to use an outside service or watch your server stuggle. Video encoding and streaming is heavy work for a server and can easily crush it's performance.

You would need an add-on/custom development.

I recently built a new video uploader that offloads the video upload to youtube and spits back the link/embed so if you are willing to pay for custom development it is certainly possible. Unless you have a ridiculous server yourself or a second one separate from your site that you can run a queue for encoding the vids to a proper format for the web, you pretty much need to use an outside service or watch your server stuggle. Video encoding and streaming is heavy work for a server and can easily crush it's performance.

I upload video and audio to my server then link to it using html5 embed and an HTML parser addon.

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/html-bbcode-permission-protected.731/

Thank you so very much for the info!

How can a member upload video from their computer?

I use Photopost for that. It is designed to work with Xenforo and they seem to recommend Xenforo as the best forum software to combine it with. It adds photo and video and sound file handling in a media gallery. I'd take a look at www.photopost.com

I have to say that for video these days telling folks to upload to YouTube and then add a link to their video to their messages with the Media option in the message editor seems deadly simple and a nice way to do things.

Steve

Top Bottom