1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Video

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Craig, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Craig

Craig Active Member

Good afternoon.

How can a member upload video from their computer?
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You would need an add-on/custom development.
    Craig likes this.
  3. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

I recently built a new video uploader that offloads the video upload to youtube and spits back the link/embed so if you are willing to pay for custom development it is certainly possible. Unless you have a ridiculous server yourself or a second one separate from your site that you can run a queue for encoding the vids to a proper format for the web, you pretty much need to use an outside service or watch your server stuggle. Video encoding and streaming is heavy work for a server and can easily crush it's performance.
    Craig likes this.
  4. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky Well-Known Member

Craig likes this.
  5. Craig

Craig Active Member

Thank you so very much for the info!
  6. DragonFlames

DragonFlames Active Member

I use Photopost for that. It is designed to work with Xenforo and they seem to recommend Xenforo as the best forum software to combine it with. It adds photo and video and sound file handling in a media gallery. I'd take a look at www.photopost.com

I have to say that for video these days telling folks to upload to YouTube and then add a link to their video to their messages with the Media option in the message editor seems deadly simple and a nice way to do things.