VGZN.com (Video Game Zone)

Thom Tyler

Currently developing this site for a friend.

www.VGZN.COM

Add-ons

Nobita's Teams
Goodfornothing Classifieds
Showcase
Steam Integration
XenRiO Streams
CTA FT

Base style

UI.X Dark (Customised)

Still a lot to do and things to fix up. Just working on the styling side and creating filler content to test style elements, features and permissions.

Signed in, Off canvas view

upload_2016-6-23_16-22-56.webp

Next task is to do all of the Phrases for Showcase and change them to "Review" - Bit of a ball ache as Showcase is a comprehensive and large xF mod but as @Bob and I discussed, there is sadly no "Replace Word" option - God it would be nice if it featured in XF 2.0 @Mike @Chris D @Kier . Having to manually go through all the phrases is a chore.

You can export only the untranslated phrases from a language for a specific add-on:

upload_2016-6-23_22-44-43.webp

This produces an XML file. You can then use find / replace in your favourite text editor to translate en masse.

Be careful never to change the phrase titles, though. Only the phrase text.

Be careful never to change the phrase titles, though. Only the phrase text.
as @Chris D mentioned, this is extremely important and comes into play with showcase since the phrase titles are all prefixed (nflj_showcase_) so be cautious of search & replace on the term 'showcase'. I've been converting the prefixes to (nflj_sc_) over the past few versions to make this easier to deal with, but still have a ton left to do. Also moving away from using the term showcase in phrases as much as possible as well.

as @Chris D mentioned, this is extremely important and comes into play with showcase since the phrase titles are all prefixed (nflj_showcase_) so be cautious of search & replace on the term 'showcase'. I've been converting the prefixes to (nflj_sc_) over the past few versions to make this easier to deal with, but still have a ton left to do. Also moving away from using the term showcase in phrases as much as possible as well.

Bob - Think I mastered it. Used Notepad++, Selected Showcase in the CDATA Property, Hit define by exact Case (Showcase not showcase) and replaced, it then only replaced the CDATA fields - took 2 minutes. Will fine tune them, but no hassle, no fuss. Maybe worth making a note of that on your forums as it was literally a breeze.

So Showcase has been changed - will begin color tweaking some aspects in Extra.css (Already a substantial amount)

Making good progress though.

Top Bottom