XF 2.2 Very strange problem in new standardstyle Modern

Abraham54

I introduced a new standard style on my forum, Modern.
Additionally there are two Modern Dark styles and e gray Modern style.

Modern, as new standard style has a very strange problem - bold fonts are not possible.
All other Modern styles do not have this problem.

I decided to make Modern2 out of Modern Grey Fore.
This style functioned with bold fonts.
But: after changing Header and navigation to the colors of Modern, Modern2 had the same problem as Modern, bold fonts not possible.

I do not understand this.

Your server is missing this file:
/styles/fonts/fa/fa-solid-900-min.woff

Do you use Kirby's fontawesome? Then I think the compilation of the font file didn't work.

First try disabling Kirby's fontawsome addon.
If everything is working fine then you know for sure it is related to this.

Second, enable the addon again and try to recompile fontawesome, you can do this in ACP > Tools > Rebuild cache at the bottom.
Pay attention for any errors in the log.

Still a lot of errors on your site., missing font files.
The fontfiles with '-min' in the name are not Xenforo defaulft. They are compiled using Kirby's fontawesome add-on.
It seems this add-on is not working correctly on your setup.

Use your browser inspector:

1654326799881.png

Nope, I'm sorry to tell you, but I checked your site. The minimized fonts give error 404 which means they are not there at all.
It is still loading the normal font awesome files. Check the errors in your browser console.

1654456817861.webp

The red files are minimized files, which are not loaded because there are not compiled correctly.
The fa-solid-900.woff file is the normal font, so that's not good :)

Nope, I'm sorry to tell you, but I checked your site. The minimized fonts give error 404 which means they are not there at all.
It is still loading the normal font awesome files. Check the errors in your browser console.

View attachment 269188

The red files are minimized files, which are not loaded because there are not compiled correctly.
The fa-solid-900.woff file is the normal font, so that's not good :)
But how can this problem be solved?

I mentioned this earlier:
enable the addon again and try to recompile fontawesome, you can do this in ACP > Tools > Rebuild cache at the bottom.
Pay attention for any errors in the log.

Try to rebuild the fonts using the 'Rebuild Font Awesome subsets'.
If the fonts cannot be compiled there should be an error in the logs (make sure log level is set to error/info in the add-on options).
I'm pretty sure this is failing.

But then he said:
Although there is no Python available, only a few errors are reported.

Wait, no Pyhon?? Okay, but then you need the precompiled pyftsubset binary. Is that available on the server?
Only 1 error is needed for this to fail, so what is the error?

Oddly though, we use Kirby's FA add-on on all of our sites, none of which has any missing font files as a result. So I'm thinking there is something else going on with your site not related to Kirby's product.

Top Bottom