Third party Very small tooltip issue in IE8

Wildcat Media

When hovering over a link to a forum section, using IE8, a short forum description renders as a single line in the tooltip and I'd say 80-90% of the time, shows up as shown below in the attachment. It happens during the tooltip's animation--as it slides from bottom to top, it's like the bottom row of pixels do not clear from the screen.

Very minor, and it could be my browser. I rarely use IE8 but I know a lot of my visitors do. Just curious if someone could reproduce it here in their own IE8.

Forum's here: http://www.audiospeakeasy.com/forum

Attachments

• Tooltip_OneLine.webp
    Tooltip_OneLine.webp
    14.1 KB · Views: 6
When hovering over a link to a forum section, using IE8, a short forum description renders as a single line in the tooltip and I'd say 80-90% of the time, shows up as shown below in the attachment. It happens during the tooltip's animation--as it slides from bottom to top, it's like the bottom row of pixels do not clear from the screen.

Very minor, and it could be my browser. I rarely use IE8 but I know a lot of my visitors do. Just curious if someone could reproduce it here in their own IE8.

Forum's here: http://www.audiospeakeasy.com/forum
What OS? Ru running a special IE8 version? Have any add-ons installed?

Windows 7, 64 bit. IE8 is bone stock--I rarely ever use it. Should have mentioned I use the 64-bit version.

That's why I'm not even sure it's a bug--IE8 is just a lousy browser at rendering pages. *sigh*

BTW, this is only on single-line tooltips. Two or more lines and it renders with no problems.

I suspect this might actually be an issue that ties into your graphics card. It's obviously not redrawing one pixel when it should, and that's not something that we can really control.

I suspect this might actually be an issue that ties into your graphics card. It's obviously not redrawing one pixel when it should, and that's not something that we can really control.

That could be--I had to put together a new system on a budget, and it's not the best graphics card. Plus, wouldn't this have been more of an issue with JQuery than XF anyway?

It's more internal to IE than jQuery. jQuery just moves the element, but the browser has to do the correct redraws.

That makes sense. I think I brought it up just because I've spent years getting sites laid out properly (as in, using standard HTML/CSS) in Firefox and other browsers, and then have to make all sorts of tweaks to get the pages to "behave" in IE. There were times when I'd had to nudge an element by only one or two pixels to get a page to fall into place. Very frustrating.

Cross this one off the XF bug list. ;)

Top Bottom