• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Versioning and style/plugin information

KozmoK

Searching each style and add-ons is PAINFULL to find out if it works in 1.1.b3 .. Are there any plans
to add versioning information in the headers, and if we installed it like they do in VB? I find it easy to search in the right versions for things I need, have, or want.

With XenForo, I have to read 10 pages of information to see if the author fixed it, or updated it etc.

I currently subscribe to Zenfracture from themesinc, but I can't wait anylonger for his update I need to update to 1.1.b3 so Im shopping for a theme that just WORKS and is decent.

Not that this helps your cause, which I support to a point. But on my add-ons I've made the policy to have my versioning match the xenforo's versioning.

All my 1.0 releases are made for xenforo 1.0.x and should work on the latest stable. And most likely work on 1.1 for example.
All my 1.1 releases are made for xenforo 1.1.x and should work on the latest available. And perhaps also still work on 1.0's latest stable for example.

1.0 = 1.0.x
1.1 = 1.1.x

Anyway, with hopefully the mentioned resource manager out at some point we can submit resources and select dependencies and what not. Searching through them via tags/filters should be easy then.

'show me all [stable] releases for xenforo [1.1.x]' resulting in the plugins you might be looking for.

Searching each style and add-ons is PAINFULL to find out if it works in 1.1.b3 .. Are there any plans
to add versioning information in the headers, and if we installed it like they do in VB? I find it easy to search in the right versions for things I need, have, or want.

With XenForo, I have to read 10 pages of information to see if the author fixed it, or updated it etc.

I currently subscribe to Zenfracture from themesinc, but I can't wait anylonger for his update I need to update to 1.1.b3 so Im shopping for a theme that just WORKS and is decent.
You'll be looking for a while, none of the commercial style shops support beta products as far as I've seen.

Remember, beta software is unsupported by the development team, and they recommend that it not be used for a live board. It is a given that developers and designers are unlikely to support it until it is stable as well.

I use XenFracture perfectly well enough with XF 1.1 b3. There are a few niggles but certainly no showstoppers. It was just a case of comparing templates and backporting the new features in XF 1.1 to XenFracture.

Every member here has the ability to edit their posts.

If add-on authors don't keep the first post up to date with pertinent information, there is little that can be done about it.

The Resource Manager may help, but again it will depend on authors keeping the information updated.

Top Bottom