Version 1.5 Beta Upgrade

Lawrence

I updated my development site to version 1.5 beta, as some may know it is a highly customized site, and here are a couple of observations:

First, if you have debug mode on turn it off in your config file, or you get an undefined index use_tfa error.

Secondly the template merge function worked well overall, with two exceptions. It could not merge the changes made to the panel scroller css template, and the reason given was that the v 1.4.8 panel scroller css template was last edited after the v1.5 alpha 5 one was. No big deal, I just thought version numbers had higher priority than last edit date.

Also, my notices template could not merge with the v 1.5 one. It was only one line that could not be changed, and that line was:
Code:
<div class="{xen:if {xen:property scrollableNotices}, PanelScroller, PanelScrollerOff}" id="Notices" data-vertical="{xen:property noticeVertical}" data-speed="{xen:property noticeSpeed}" data-interval="{xen:property noticeInterval}">

Not having the above line changed caused all notices to disappear as this part is in the css:
.hasJs #Notices.PanelScroller { display: none; }

The v1.5 line in the notices template removes the Notices id, and adds Notices to the class. I manually replaced that line in my customized template and all works as expected.

Overall, I am very pleased with how the upgrade went, especially when it came to my style. With the exception of the two mentioned above, the rest of the templates merged without issue.

Yeah, updating XF Liam went super smooth.

I had created an auto updater script yesterday, which downloads and extracts the zip for me, it even starts the upgrade CLI script.

I was able to merge UI.X templates with only a small number of conflicts.

Liam

How are themes like UI.X working with it? If anyone is running it with the theme, just wondering if there are alot of outdated templates etc.?

How are themes like UI.X working with it? If anyone is running it with the theme, just wondering if there are alot of outdated templates etc.?

All but three merged without conflict.

The other there were just small conflicts, and I was able to merge them fine.

Liam

Top Bottom