vBulletin to xenForo switch

asgard

Hello,

I have been using vBulletin for the past 2 years and i am really getting tired of the number of exploits it has and how so ever no improvements/changes have been made. Also looking at where vBulletin 5.0 is directed , i decided that it is pretty pointless on using it. My current forum has 59k users and i am using 4.2.0.I have looked at the FAQ's and official importer provided by xenForo but just have few questions and would be great if the community could answer them.

My forum is mainly based on Paid Subscriptions and i have over 4000 paid monthly users on the forum, how does the paid subscriptions and such transfer?

Is the Paypal payment gateway same on xenForo as on vBulletin?

The amount of free add-on's and releases for plugins on vBulletin provided by community is pretty huge , does xenForo and enough add-ons just like vBulletin?

One last question would be for the customers who have switched from vBulletin to xenForo , what are your opinions and xenForo and was the switch from vBulletin easy enough? I understand that this is a xenForo forum and some of the responses will be biased. I just want to know how their experience has been after switching from vBulletin to xenForo.

Regards.

Last edited:
Current upgrades are transferred, but due to the way subscriptions are handled on PayPal's end, they will not recur after the current period is up. They will need to be repurchased.

One last question would be for the customers who have switched from vBulletin to xenForo , what are your opinions and xenForo and was the switch from vBulletin easy enough? I understand that this is a xenForo forum and some of the responses will be biased. I just want to know how their experience has been after switching from vBulletin to xenForo.

Regards.
Off the top of my head, two large vbulletin forums that did make the switch are digital point (from vb4.x) and avforums (from vb3.x). Digital Point's owner/admin talks about the switch here.

Top Bottom