vBulletin Refugee

DomainArchitect.com

The title says it all. As I told Kier and Mike, I support their effort and look forward to helping out with suggestions as much as I can. My clients and I no longer feel secure knowing that the future of vBulletin is more uncertain than ever before. When I learned about XenForo while reading this thread on vBAdvanced.com, I knew it required my attention with the vB4 disaster.

vBulletin's stock has been forever tarnished and the public relations fiasco gets worse by the day.

My avatar depicts how I feel after experiencing this first hand...almost bludgeoned to death, but XenForo looks like the first real lifeline to come around.

I am here to support this effort and I will resist launching any new sites for myself or my clients using vBulletin software.

The title says it all. As I told Kier and Mike, I support their effort and look forward to helping out with suggestions as much as I can. My clients and I no longer feel secure knowing that the future of vBulletin is more uncertain than ever before. When I learned about XenForo while reading this thread on vBAdvanced.com, I knew it required my attention with the vB4 disaster.

vBulletin's stock has been forever tarnished and the public relations fiasco gets worse by the day.

My avatar depicts how I feel after experiencing this first hand...almost bludgeoned to death, but XenForo looks like the first real lifeline to come around.

I am here to support this effort and I will resist launching any new sites for myself or my clients using vBulletin software.
Interesting introduction. Welcome to XenForo! This software is showing ~a lot!~ of promise. I've always been partial to Invision for my forum needs however XenForo may very well change that. :D

haha, welcome :)

Welcome DomainArchitect to the future of forum software. :)

Thanks guys! It does look very promising at XenForo. How do I get my hands on a copy? Can I request a refund of my vB4 monies and send it to the XenForo team?

All new members are required to buy a keg of beer for initiation into the club.

Hmm, sure thing if you can get the woman in your avatar to do the first keg stand.

What a paradigm of history. From American to Europe, instead of the other way around :D

well we actually went back to the future :D

I don't care as long as we go UP!!!!!!!!

Ditto I'm a vB refugee too. Was with 3.x for years, don't fancy vB4, was tinkering with the idea of switching to IPB then found out about this site! So I too will wait a little longer to see how this one pans out. It's looking good so far. I even think I could live without some of the missing bits (compared to vB3/4).

When I first loaded Xenforo I thought, hey this looks very nice. Then when I saw a certain Kier not only posting but apparently part of the team, the PENNY DROPPED :) and gave me instant confidence in this project.

Can I request a refund of my vB4 monies and send it to the XenForo team?

Im pretty sure if you talk to your credit card/debit card company explaining that you didn't get what you paid for then im sure they will refund you. They will pretty much refund anything if you raise the issue up to them.

Top Bottom