MG 2.0 vBulletin album import

bengineer

Hi,

I foolishly purchased a Media Gallery 2.0 license yesterday, assuming it supported importing galleries from vBulletin 4 albums. Is there an ETA for when this support will be included? Failing this, how complex a task is it to implement a scripted migration?

Thanks

Unfortunately we don't have an ETA for this. Your license includes access to all of the 1.x releases, so the current resolution would be to install the latest XenForo and XFMG 1.x releases and do the import there, upgrading to 2.0 afterwards.

Can I install XenForo 1.X just for the media gallery upgrade? Presumably I’ll need at least the users imported. Or won’t I be able to migrate from one DB to another? I guess I’m loath the migrate then update the forums too given it takes over 12 hours to import.

Unfortunately, you'd have to do the full import (main forum/core and gallery data) into XF1 (and then upgrade the whole thing to XF2).

If you're migrating from the site listed in your customer area, I don't think that import should be taking 12 hours. For the core forum data, I think that should likely be 1-2 hours at most, though the amount of attachments could have a big affect on that (as we need to do some thumbnail building).

Ok thanks

Are there any pitfalls to upgrading via XF1? Or will the end result be the same?

Re import into XF2, here are the stats:

Total run time
8.18 hours
Import totals
User groups 21 (0 seconds)
Custom user fields 20 (4 seconds)
Users 7,056 (6.73 minutes)
Buddy and ignore lists 493 (45 seconds)
Paid subscriptions 0
Custom BB codes 1 (0 seconds)
Private messages 73,656 (1 hours, 29 minutes)
Profile comments 1,123 (22 seconds)
Forums 83 (4 seconds)
Moderators 0
Thread prefixes 8 (1 seconds)
RSS feed sources 0
Threads 32,713 (10.77 minutes)
Tags 2,745 (3.67 minutes)
Posts 288,359 (4 hours, 36 minutes)
Edit history 49,205 (21.27 minutes)
Polls 65 (4 seconds)
Attachments 18,149 (2 hours, 15 minutes)
Positive reputation 229 (40 seconds)
Infractions 17 (2 seconds)
CAPTCHA Questions 0
Custom FAQ pages 0
Announcements 0
Notices 1 (1 seconds)
Smilies 11 (0 seconds)

It took an additional few hours to perform the final rebuild.

Thanks

Are there any pitfalls to upgrading via XF1? Or will the end result be the same?
There are slight differences in what is imported, but it should generally be the same (you'll still get all the core data).

Those times do seem really slow though. At a guess, it sounds like your server hasn't had any sort of InnoDB configuration. Assuming you have root access, there are some guides on improving MySQL's InnoDB configuration: https://www.percona.com/blog/2013/09/20/innodb-performance-optimization-basics-updated/

Top Bottom