vBulletin 5 screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really want to support XF. I like it's innovation and clean feel, but it seems that development has slowed dramatically, and I suspect it is because of the time and resources being dedicated to the lawsuit. It is unfortunate. But, I, as a forum owner must go where my community is going to benefit the most. At first, I thought it was XF...but if vB is going to overpower XF, decrease its development like it has, and offer an alternative that is better supported, then vB is where I will have to go.

My forum is currently vb driven. I bought an XF license when it was still in beta and have had high hopes that it would take off like wildfire and leave vb in the dust. But I'm skeptical this will be the case now. Momentum seems to have shifted dramatically, especially with losing core developers, lack of updates and news about the issue, and the progress being made instead on vb5.

As such, I've decided not to move forward with updating my current vb community with XF as it is just too sketchy right now. I'll wait until end of year or vb5 is released to make that decision...but if I were a betting man...I'd say that vb5 will leave XF in the dust as XF just lost its steam along the way.

As such, I've decided not to move forward with updating my current vb community with XF as it is just too sketchy right now. I'll wait until end of year or vb5 is released to make that decision...but if I were a betting man...I'd say that vb5 will leave XF in the dust as XF just lost its steam along the way.
As long as your forum is running fine you have time. Who knows when xenforo will progress again or for that matter when vB5 will be in Beta. Sit back since there is nothing we can do.

Well, I am curious to see HOW MUCH we'll pay from VB4 to VB5. Already paid an entire license price (minus 20 bucks), even if I had owned versions. So it's yet another way to milk more money from us. Well, truth be told I'm close to moving my last VBs to xenforo in the following months, so I'd probably stop being a VB customer when 5 gets out anyway :D

I sense this is an Asian made product.... I doubt they have the talent within IB to make a complete rewrite, but then they had several years.... XenForo only has Two...

I sense this is an Asian made product.... I doubt they have the talent within IB to make a complete rewrite, but then they had several years.... XenForo only has Two...
But they have the financial resources to learn from their mistakes, especially if they are building from the ground up.
I'm 44 years old but I still have my memory, so I still remember what they promised for vb4 and what they delivered later (big gap).
Can't live in the past. I buy products made in Japan, drive a car built in Germany. Buy gas from Exxon and occasionally shop in Walmart.

Really, what's the harm in it?
Not more or less harm than any of the other vBulletin topics that have been locked over the last few months. With the exception that this one is advertising vB to a certain degree, which I feel is even less appropriate on a business forum. Just a little confused about the rules, that's all.

Competition is good

Indeed! And an implicit admission that KAM were on the right track when their plans to rewrite vB were quashed.

There's really a big hurdle for vB to clear here: Existing features must continue to work (or be made to work) reliably, "new core architecture" must deliver, 125+ new features must function -- but bring it on!

Based on those screenshots, they've cleaned up the UI. Still haven't been able to shake that bloated feeling though. As far as core functionality goes it seems the same as vB 4.

I will say the customization options look nice, but none of my members use stuff like that so it's useless to me.

Looks like what we in the automotive world call a "ricer". Stick a whole bunch of fancy crap on top of a useless POS. They havent made anything ground breaking that is/will revolutionize online communities. In fact, if you look closely, all they did was Photoshop an activity stream and admin modules (among other small things) on top of VB4. I am impressed in the way that I was really not expecting much.

I too do not hate the VB software, just what IB has done to it. I would like to see something totally different than the previous, not so popular version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom