• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

vBulletin 5 screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBigK

vBulletin 5 is unimpressive. But I'll still give it a benefit of doubt. But I don't see going back to vB from Xenforo. I just imagine how awesome XF will be by this year end :D

Remeber that they also created sim shots of what vB 4 and they could not produce it. Well they would of, but decided not to listen to own developers.... ( You all know what happen next).

I see that Kier's Blog img links are gimped over at the other site... I see that seems to be the usually coding for that brand.

iTuN3r

It's all too early. For me it would depend how easily it is to edit the style and whether existing mods/addons will work.
Yup ! Had high hopes for vb4 as well . Those so called screenshot for new vb4 was also released but it never happened . Let's see doesn't look that bad comparing to how it is right now .

Is this completely rewrite from scratch or refactoring of VB-4?
:LOL:

It looks like the same to me as vB4... It is doomed to fail! I regret everytime again if i think back that i bought the vB4 suite license twice... Never used the blog or cms!

I'm happy with my xenforo license but it have a lack in addons. Still waiting for some kind of garage software. I hoped drivethruonline was considering it but there is it really quiet so have no hope they will port theire addons to xenforo.

FredC

Still looks far to difficult for a newbie to navigate. When i first started as a forum owner i loved all the bloat vB offered.. But since moving away from vB to XF i found its intuitive interface to be a breath of fresh air.. I in no way miss all the UI bloat on vB forums.. They all (vB forums) look like a cluster f**** of useless details.. If they ever figure out how to keep the bloat and make the UI pretty at the same time i believe vB might have a winner.. But then even if its solid gold i will never again give IB my money after they dismissed our 3.8 license agreements.

Here's a link to the original news story about vb5: http://www.marketwire.com/press-rel...social-community-website-software-1668391.htm

And it does appear to be a complete rewrite:

Built on a new core architecture, vBulletin 5 Connect gives web developers and site owners a significantly streamlined setup and administration experience and the fastest version ever of the software. The all-new UI has been completely overhauled and includes new sharing tools and social functionality, and photo and video sharing has never been easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.