1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vBulletin 5 screenshots

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Pope Viper, Jun 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pope Viper

Pope Viper Well-Known Member

2. robdog

robdog Well-Known Member

3. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

Competition is good
  4. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I cant say im impressed. Looks more like ipb than xenforo if you ask me...
  5. 3rd AnGle

3rd AnGle Well-Known Member

Have you seen it? It's looking good..... and xF1.2 != vB5
    1.png 2.png 3.png
    Mopquill likes this.
  6. DBA

DBA Well-Known Member

Anybody can create sick promotional screenshots, doesn't mean that the product is actually any good. I'll believe it when I actually see (use) it. (y)
  7. TheBigK

TheBigK Well-Known Member

vBulletin 5 is unimpressive. But I'll still give it a benefit of doubt. But I don't see going back to vB from Xenforo. I just imagine how awesome XF will be by this year end :D
    CyclingTribe likes this.
  8. 3rd AnGle

3rd AnGle Well-Known Member

lol.. i get it.. it happened to me, i was fooled once ;)
  9. Nudaii

Nudaii Well-Known Member

Honestly i don't hate it, just don't like it much either

Its better than vb 4 design(default) yet dunno if it really appeals to me
    MichaelDance and Mopquill like this.
  10. Jose Amaral Mota

Jose Amaral Mota Active Member

Remeber that they also created sim shots of what vB 4 and they could not produce it. Well they would of, but decided not to listen to own developers.... ( You all know what happen next).

I see that Kier's Blog img links are gimped over at the other site... I see that seems to be the usually coding for that brand.
    MichaelDance, mikoo and Adam Howard like this.
  11. TheBigK

TheBigK Well-Known Member

vB5 looks boring!
    BlackJacket and patrick91 like this.
  12. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

I think VB5 looks interesting personally. Only one way to find out...when it comes out demo.
  13. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member

It's all too early. For me it would depend how easily it is to edit the style and whether existing mods/addons will work.
    Peggy and iTuN3r like this.
  14. iTuN3r

iTuN3r Well-Known Member

Yup ! Had high hopes for vb4 as well . Those so called screenshot for new vb4 was also released but it never happened . Let's see doesn't look that bad comparing to how it is right now .
  15. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

Is this completely rewrite from scratch or refactoring of VB-4?
  16. patrick91

patrick91 Member

It looks like the same to me as vB4... It is doomed to fail! I regret everytime again if i think back that i bought the vB4 suite license twice... Never used the blog or cms!

I'm happy with my xenforo license but it have a lack in addons. Still waiting for some kind of garage software. I hoped drivethruonline was considering it but there is it really quiet so have no hope they will port theire addons to xenforo.
    TheVisitors likes this.
  17. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

Still looks far to difficult for a newbie to navigate. When i first started as a forum owner i loved all the bloat vB offered.. But since moving away from vB to XF i found its intuitive interface to be a breath of fresh air.. I in no way miss all the UI bloat on vB forums.. They all (vB forums) look like a cluster f**** of useless details.. If they ever figure out how to keep the bloat and make the UI pretty at the same time i believe vB might have a winner.. But then even if its solid gold i will never again give IB my money after they dismissed our 3.8 license agreements.
    MichaelDance, Rudy, Robbo and 3 others like this.
  18. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I just put half a cup of boiling hot tea through my nose reading this.
    Robbo, Mopquill, Paul and 9 others like this.
  19. Marocinoh

Marocinoh Member

20. Apokalupsis

Apokalupsis Active Member

Here's a link to the original news story about vb5: http://www.marketwire.com/press-rel...social-community-website-software-1668391.htm

And it does appear to be a complete rewrite:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.