XF 1.2 vBulletin 4 > Xenforo Conversion

Eric J.

Doing a conversion for a client and I ran into a little problem. Their server runs NGINX, so I don't know if that's related. It's also a 500,000+ post, 50,000+ member conversion so don't know if that might cause it either.

Anyways, here are the errors, there are about 3 pages worth:

http://i3.minus.com/ibxit6UnZKywcv.png

Last edited:
Code:
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'unserialize(): ...', '/home/www/pokem...', 1708, Array)
#1 /home/www/pokemon-online.eu/xenforo/forums/library/XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php(1708): unserialize('a:1:{s:2:"cc";a...')
#2 /home/www/pokemon-online.eu/xenforo/forums/library/XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php(77): XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->stepPrivateMessages(12061, Array)
#3 /home/www/pokemon-online.eu/xenforo/forums/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php(195): XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep(Object(XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import), Object(XenForo_ImportSession), 'privateMessages', 12061, Array)
#4 /home/www/pokemon-online.eu/xenforo/forums/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php(143): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep(Object(bdMedal_Extend_Importer_vBulletin), Object(XenForo_ImportSession), 'privateMessages', 12061, Array)
#5 /home/www/pokemon-online.eu/xenforo/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionImport()
#6 /home/www/pokemon-online.eu/xenforo/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#7 /home/www/pokemon-online.eu/xenforo/forums/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#8 {main}

Yeah those errors are from the second import (With bdMedal installed), the first one had the same errors without it.

Code:
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'unserialize(): ...', '/home/www/pokem...', 1708, Array)
#1 /home/www/pokemon-online.eu/xenforo/forums/library/XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php(1708): unserialize('a:1:{s:2:"cc";a...')
#2 /home/www/pokemon-online.eu/xenforo/forums/library/XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php(77): XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->stepPrivateMessages(2553, Array)
#3 /home/www/pokemon-online.eu/xenforo/forums/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php(195): XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep(Object(XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import), Object(XenForo_ImportSession), 'privateMessages', 2553, Array)
#4 /home/www/pokemon-online.eu/xenforo/forums/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php(143): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep(Object(XenForo_Importer_vBulletin4x), Object(XenForo_ImportSession), 'privateMessages', 2553, Array)
#5 /home/www/pokemon-online.eu/xenforo/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionImport()
#6 /home/www/pokemon-online.eu/xenforo/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#7 /home/www/pokemon-online.eu/xenforo/forums/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#8 {main}

I suspect this may be something Mike will need to look into.
Either the data being imported isn't in the correct format or it's in a format the importer isn't expecting.

I'll flag it to him.

This generally either indicates corrupted data in the database (not ideal) or a potential issue with the character set. Restart the import and in the configuration, force the character set to latin1.

Sorry for the delay, I ran the import again from a clean install and with latin1, however I still get the errors. Also just to mention, the vBulletin 4 files have the forced charset commented out. Here's a complete error from the new import:

Code:
#2 /home/www/pokemon-online.eu/xenforo/forums/library/XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php(77): XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->stepPrivateMessages(12061, Array)
#3 /home/www/pokemon-online.eu/xenforo/forums/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php(195): XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep(Object(XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import), Object(XenForo_ImportSession), 'privateMessages', 12061, Array)
#4 /home/www/pokemon-online.eu/xenforo/forums/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php(143): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep(Object(bdMedal_Extend_Importer_vBulletin), Object(XenForo_ImportSession), 'privateMessages', 12061, Array)
#8 {main}

Actually, looking at the code, this exception should be caught, rather than being logged and killing execution. If you're running an opcode cache, you may need to look at disabling it or updating it. Similarly, optimizers or debuggers can interfere. (It sounds like the code being run is not 100% identical to the code that was written.)

However, do note that any PM that gets this error won't be imported. It sounds like there could be some form of data corruption, possibly via previous server moves or other unexpected tweaks.

Alright, and I'm curious, are these strictly PM errors or is other information possibly lost? 15 or so PMs isn't a big deal if that's all we're dealing with.

Top Bottom