vBulletin 4 Iphone App!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see this thread lasting much longer based on some of the recent posts.

I thought it was supposed to be about the new iPhone app for vB.

Personally I couldn't care less about any app, would much rather have a mobile skin that covers all devices, the iPhone imo is mostly hype with Apple desperately adding the missing features other phones have had for years (MMS and the original iPhone spring to mind) under the guise of software updates.

Sorry I have a personal dislike for the iPhone, much prefer Android even though my phone runs WinMO

I think if you put the top 5 used smart phones on a table, and then 5 from 5 years ago.
That the iPhone then and now is in that top 3. And their statistics aren't lying.

Pathetic? .. That's a strong outing. I didn't know you have grown such a hate for it personally. Sorry if something happened in your post that made you not stick to 'meh, dont care for it, i prefer a screen i can't read and a phone that has no features, and looks clunky' but had to go a stance where you're basically making sure it's clear how much you hate/loath it, and how pathetic it is.

Even if I wasn't a fan of the iPhone, i would have still responded the same. Generalizing me for it is what I would call pathetic (since we're using that word).

The thread is about the app by vB, which is in my opinion best discussed there.

I don't mix around with my words, I say what I mean and mean what I say without the crap in-between. If that is not to your taste then that is unfortunate. The App released directly warrants opinions with regards to the phone it's associated with unless we all censor out "iphone"? Are we allowed to mention iphone? or would that sway from the topic at hand.

Now that you mentioned it. The app is stupid (maybe i wasn't clear enough) and you read into what I said with a deep entrenched feeling of "oh god, shelley didn't just knock the iphone" not the same "iphone" that's causing this "vbulletin 4 iphone" app to be classed as off-topic.

I'll stick to my opinions. You like the iphone that's certainly your privilege and I respect your decision for you fondness of the (dare I say it) "iphone" and the "unnamed app" that will soon be provided for it for all those "iphone" users.

Yes, even the app, it's silly, stupid, redundant.

Reactions: D37
You're free to your opinion, obviously as much as I am free to respond to your public post saying I think you went off topic by jumping on the device itself and how much you loath it, rather than stay on topic and simply decide between saying you couldn't less for the app or the phone it runs on, or not post. I feel your responses in this thread are quite strong. I never mentioned or advised against mentioning the word iphone. I certainly did imply that I like the phone. Indeed. As do millions of others (and surely equally enough dont care for it too). I certainly did not say or imply I could care a sing percentage about the vBulletin iPhone app. I did however mention that I rather browse a site using a browser in the smartphone than a silly app for every site that develops one.

Not guilty.
I really can't be going mad at this young age :/

I recall you said something about this should best be discussed on vB's site and Shelley and a few other people liked the post.

EDIT: must have been Lawrence, or maybe not.

Moderator #3 chiming in. I see no reason to close the thread as long as people are calm about discussing the topic, and the topic is the vb iphone app, not whether the iPhone is good or bad.

Moderator #3 chiming in. I see no reason to close the thread as long as people are calm about discussing the topic, and the topic is the vb iphone app, not whether the iPhone is good or bad.

My beef with this thread is the fact that it's promoting a vbulletin product which is best discussed at the vbulletin forums. We didn't come here so their product announcements would follow us.

And again, I'll stick to my guns. The app directly is related to the iphone therefore not discussing the iphone and it's popularity in why such an app is even being developed for it is very relevant indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom