vBulletin 4 [Deleted]

Amaury

Amaury submitted a new resource:

vBulletin 4 - A style based on vBulletin 4!

vBulletin 4 contains a total of 26 template edits. To see what templates were edited and what changes were made, use the "Customized Components" and "View Custom Changes" features.

RZfKreU.png

Read more about this resource...

You probably want to give this style another name as "vBulletin® is a registered trademark of vBulletin Solutions".

Edit: Same goes for your "Facebook" style.

@Amaury, put this in the description...
vBulletin and the “V” logo are registered trademarks of vBulletin Solutions, Inc. This style is not affiliated or endorsed in any way by vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Last edited:
No, you can't just use the registered trademark of a company for your own product. It's like you write a software and call it "XenForo".

No, you can't just use the registered trademark of a company for your own product. It's like you write a software and call it "XenForo".
To put it short, as long as nobody is trying to deceive anybody into thinking that a product is a work of or endorsed by a particular brand or entity, and that they state clearly with a notice that they aren't affiliated then it falls under fair use and it wouldn't stand a chance in a court of law.

For example, there's a resource that Mike posted (an importer for vBulletin/software that interacts with vBulletin's structure/databases to convert users' data to XenForo): http://xenforo.com/community/resources/redirection-scripts-for-vbulletin-3-x.264/.

Here's a few more examples for you to have a look over...

Last edited:
To put it short, as long as nobody is trying to deceive anybody into thinking that a product is a work of or endorsed by a particular brand or entity, and that they state clearly with a notice that they aren't affiliated then it falls under fair use and it wouldn't stand a chance in a court of law.

No, using other companies registered trademark names as names for their own products doesn't fall under fair use. It's blatant stealing of trademark. It's the same reason why xenforo doesn't allow other people to use the name xenforo for their products and that's the reason why XenXXX add-ons exist.

For example, there's a resource that Mike posted (an importer for vBulletin/software that interacts with vBulletin's structure/databases to convert users' data to XenForo): http://xenforo.com/community/resources/redirection-scripts-for-vbulletin-3-x.264/.

This resource isn't named vBulletin 3. Its name is "Redirection Scripts for vBulletin 3.x.

You probably want to give this style another name as "vBulletin® is a registered trademark of vBulletin Solutions".

Edit: Same goes for your "Facebook" style.

@Amaury, put this in the description...

Added.

Also, the Facebook style has been up for a while, so I don't think it's a problem. However, in general I think it would be a bigger problem if I used "Facebook" or "vBulletin" for the header logo, which isn't the case here. Because all I do is basic styling, I keep the XenForo logo there.

Amaury updated vBulletin 4 with a new update entry:

Styling Fixes and Adjustments

• Styled "Click to expand" quote link
  • Styled "More messages have been posted..." bar
  • Styled attachment upload progress bar
  • Restyled deleted profile post notice
  • Restyled form overlay sub-heading
  • Removed bold typeface from the sidebar panel when an item is selected to fix an issue with long text, such as "Likes You've Received," wrapping
  • Changed notice scrolling to vertical

Read the rest of this update entry...

Name legalities aside, it looks like a clean conversion that could come in handy for some vB4 admins who are thinking of making the switch to XF.

I installed your theme, nice so far however my problem is with the forum I have uploaded an image the user information is to wide and is covering some of the text. I have tried your suggestion about the User Info Blocks and it does not work? Could you take a look at this, none of my other theme are doing this?

Thank You

Attachments

• forum.webp
    forum.webp
    27.6 KB · Views: 26
I installed your theme, nice so far however my problem is with the forum I have uploaded an image the user information is to wide and is covering some of the text. I have tried your suggestion about the User Info Blocks and it does not work? Also were is says Gender and location this for some reason can not be changed and I know were to change this however it will not work?

Attachments

• forum.webp
    forum.webp
    27.6 KB · Views: 24
I installed your theme, nice so far however my problem is with the forum I have uploaded an image the user information is to wide and is covering some of the text. I have tried your suggestion about the User Info Blocks and it does not work? Could you take a look at this, none of my other theme are doing this?

Thank You

Increase the width in Content Container.

OK but were the avatar goes its too wide its the only theme that has were the avatar goes that wide??

Top Bottom