1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vbulletin 4.2.0 to xenforo

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by marcusmaciel, Aug 4, 2015.

1. marcusmaciel

marcusmaciel Member

Hello All,

I have small forum with 20k users, 700k posts, 10k topics and 10k CMS articles.

I could not find anything about CMS article conversion to xenforo. Do we have any way to convert CMS articles to Xenforo ?

I really want move to Xenforo from VB, however I need find something to import our VBCMS articles.

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The built in importer does not bring articles over.
  3. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

There is an unofficial importer (we only support our own importer) that does bring over CMS articles as threads:

vB4 Importer
    marcusmaciel likes this.
  4. marcusmaciel

marcusmaciel Member

@Jake Bunce do you know if your importer works on latest xenforo version ? I really need import VBCMS articles :)
  5. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Probably. :)

It's not specifically tested, but there are no major schema changes in vB 4.2 that I am aware of. 4.x is usually taken as a whole for imports.
  6. jeffwidman

jeffwidman Active Member

There's also some Wordpress/Xenforo bridge addons, and you could possibly migrate the articles over to that while still making your forum users the owners of the articles... a lot easier long term IMO to manage articles in a CMS program and not a forum thread (like the unofficial importer does). Not sure if there's a VBCMS --> WP importer, although if you're a coder at all it shouldn't be difficult to migrate them using some SQL queries
  7. Sadik B

Sadik B Well-Known Member

I recently migrated from VB 4. You might find my steps useful

Migrated Club-Oracle to xenForo!

Basically to be on the safe side, import your board and cms using the unofficial importer to XenForo 1.1.3 and then upgrade your xenforo to latest version.
  8. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

9. marcusmaciel

marcusmaciel Member

ouch this is really really really nice.