1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vbSEO & vbulletin mod questions

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by JamesAus, Nov 8, 2014.

1. JamesAus

JamesAus Member

I'm considering migrating my vbulletin 4.2.1/vbseo forum to XenForo but have a few questions I hope I could get answers to:

1) Is there documented instructions on vbseo re-writes that can be done to minimise any loss of Google traffic, SEO, etc? I've searched the forum and checked out the Manual and Brogan's FAQ and found no mention of it. Has anyone here done a vbulletin 4.x with vbseo migration and have any feedback on how it went?

2) On the subject of vbseo, any way to map likes from it to xenforo?

2) Is there any kind of mapping of vbulletin mods to xenforo mods? I'm running the following vbulletin mods and was hoping to get something similar:

ibProArcade for vBulletin
    Multiple Login Detector
    Signatures once per thread page
    vBSEO

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Redirection scripts are available here: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/categories/redirection-scripts.2/

The official importer does not import likes but one of the third party importers may.
    Edit: There is this add-on: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/vbseo-likes-importer.2021/

All of the resources are located here: Resources
    I don't believe there is an arcade add-on, there may be one for multiple login and single signature per page.
    There is no requirement for a vBSEO similar add-on so one doesn't exist.

3. JamesAus

JamesAus Member

Thanks Brogan, so just to 100% confirm, there's no possibility of converting vbSEO URLs to XenForo as there's nothing in that Resources section?

4. Brogan

I'm not familiar with vB at all, but redirection is always possible, even if it has to be a custom solution.

5. JamesAus

JamesAus Member

What's the process to go about getting a custom solution?

6. Brogan

7. JamesAus

JamesAus Member

Thanks Brogan.

8. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

vbseo links can be re-written as long as they have some form of unique id in the url.

9. JamesAus

JamesAus Member

Thanks Slavik, threads and posts have a unique id in the url but forums and members don't.

10. Brogan

In that case, it won't be possible to rewrite forums and members as an ID is required to map old to new.

11. JamesAus

JamesAus Member

Would it not be possible to hard-code the URLs as I only have approximately 30 forum categories?

12. Brogan

Oh yes, that would be fine.
    You would just have to create 30 lines in the .htaccess file.

For members though, it's obviously not practical.

13. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Yup you can do that.

14. JamesAus

JamesAus Member

Thanks, not that interested in re-directing members links anyway, so looks like I can cover off what I need.

Cheers :)