vBSEO style link rewrites in message area

Ludachris

I did some searching but couldn't find the answer... our site used vBSEO. One common request after migrating to XF is to make it so that when a user posts a link in a thread that the link text gets automatically rewritten to display the Title tag of the page being linked, like the way vBSEO used to do. I know it's not necessary for SEO purposes, but it's function the users apparently really liked.

I'm guessing that's not available in XF - or at least I couldn't find it in the setting anywhere and I couldn't find any plugins for it. Any chance it's planned for a future release? I wouldn't want it to be done by default, but maybe an option for those of us who used vBSEO.

It has been suggested as far as I am aware.

Any announcements related to upcoming features will be posted in the HYS forum.

The strange part is usually WYSIWYG text editors have a built in function that allows you to insert a link and specify the link title. Are there no editors available in core that have that functionality built in?

And how can one view the raw bbcode for links after it's posted. In the editor I only see the link, not the code to edit it.

I had a vb3 plugin that did this and for some reason I disabled it fairly quickly. I think because sometimes page titles are so bad that the URLs are better to use.

Top Bottom