vb5 beta released, and...

Status
Not open for further replies.
hold up little dawgies!!! did some youngun say that thar IB got rid of thier infractions? call me a thorny cactus but why in a whisky eyed waitress in arizona would they get rid of that?!

hold up little dawgies!!! did some youngun say that thar IB got rid of thier infractions? call me a thorny cactus but why in a whisky eyed waitress in arizona would they get rid of that?!
Because it takes time to write the code for it.
There are other more important missing or buggy features in VB5.

I seriously don't understand how with their supposedly "quality" developers they are showing something so... backwards to say the least. It's incredible, like how the world has changed so much the last years with lawsuits, more restrictive innovations, etc, that now you can release something super 'backwards' and still sell tons. I mean it's a step backwards from vB3, or even vB4. And I hope the devs that lurk around here from vB seriously smoke a joint or two and realize they have to do something. Unless IB already has chinese devs and just has the US/UK guys just going through the code. Then hell, I'd quit, working without motivation sucks.

Just sayin'

From Kier's deposition:

Screen shot 2012-10-18 at 5.47.57 PM.webp

He's saying Chinese programmers never happened, and he's right AFAIK. IB threatened to hire Chinese programmers but they didn't, they hired Indians instead. This is according to Kier's deposition.

Off topic and not a comment to Jake or anyone but... on moments like these... I have to say... There's nothing wrong with developers from China or India (I am from India!) as long as you hire quality. You get what you pay for irrespective of where you hire from.

Off topic and not a comment to Jake or anyone but... on moments like these... I have to say... There's nothing wrong with developers from China or India (I am from India!) as long as you hire quality. You get what you pay for irrespective of where you hire from.

Heh. I didn't think about that but you are right. There is a negative stereotype in play here. Of course when it comes to K&M versus outsourced developers there is no comparison. :D

What have the Chinese got to do with anything ??
Well, I was joking, I haven't sought to check whether IB has outsourced the development in China or not and yes, I was referring to the deposition of Kier (thanks for quoting Jake)
I have nothing against the Chinese or Indian or someone else, they all do a great job ;)
Of course when it comes to K&M versus outsourced developers there is no comparison. :D
+1 :)

Reactions: vVv
I mean the outsourcing of coding to China. :)

As Jake mentioned, some of the template conversions were outsourced to an Indian company, with limited success by all accounts.
They should keep that company to develop VB5.
Blame the Indians for VB5's limited success!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom