vb5 beta released, and...

Status
Not open for further replies.
From a VB user's perspective, I am so annoyed. I sadly didn't do any research before I bought into VB (it was recommend by a colleague). I have had so many issues with it, not to mention the back end of things is ridiculously old and outdated and tough for newbies/non-coders like me. I feel like Im looking at an admin screen from the 90s.

To say the least, I am upset that after having my software for barely a year they come out with VB5 and charge us $200 to upgrade when I just paid that + more to purchase it. 'Oh, but if you buy now and trust us that it will turn out okay then we can knock off $40 for you'. UM NO.

I recently discovered Xenforo. I am eager to try the demo when it gets up and working, but from what I've seen so far it looks amazing. I cannot wait to get my hands on this. I am just waiting for all the legal stuff to finish up and hear that they will hopefully resume updates and work on this software. Then I am jumping with both feet in!

Ever since I purchased VB...I am frustrated and can't wait to get out of this mess they call forum software.
JMHO!

From a VB user's perspective, I am so annoyed. I sadly didn't do any research before I bought into VB (it was recommend by a colleague). I have had so many issues with it, not to mention the back end of things is ridiculously old and outdated and tough for newbies/non-coders like me. I feel like Im looking at an admin screen from the 90s.

To say the least, I am upset that after having my software for barely a year they come out with VB5 and charge us $200 to upgrade when I just paid that + more to purchase it. 'Oh, but if you buy now and trust us that it will turn out okay then we can knock off $40 for you'. UM NO.

I recently discovered Xenforo. I am eager to try the demo when it gets up and working, but from what I've seen so far it looks amazing. I cannot wait to get my hands on this. I am just waiting for all the legal stuff to finish up and hear that they will hopefully resume updates and work on this software. Then I am jumping with both feet in!

Ever since I purchased VB...I am frustrated and can't wait to get out of this mess they call forum software.
JMHO!

Private Message me, I don't mind setting up a demo for you to try out on my server.

vBulletin 5 Connect Beta 15 is NOW AVAILABLE for license holders to download. Prospective customers may preview vB5 Connect at www.vbulletin.com/vb5demo/.

The vBulletin 5 Connect Beta 15 feedback thread for licensed customers is HERE. We use your feedback to improve vBulletin.

Beta 15 addresses 138 issues. As usual, we recommend you not utilize vBulletin Betas for live sites.

(Note: As with all Beta releases, no phone or ticket support will be provided for Beta 15. However, customers purchasing a vBulletin 5 Connect license will receive 30 days of free ticket support - with a start date commencing upon the Gold release.)

vBulletin 5 Connect Beta 15 is NOW AVAILABLE for license holders to download. Prospective customers may preview vB5 Connect at www.vbulletin.com/vb5demo/.

The vBulletin 5 Connect Beta 15 feedback thread for licensed customers is HERE. We use your feedback to improve vBulletin.

Beta 15 addresses 138 issues. As usual, we recommend you not utilize vBulletin Betas for live sites.

(Note: As with all Beta releases, no phone or ticket support will be provided for Beta 15. However, customers purchasing a vBulletin 5 Connect license will receive 30 days of free ticket support - with a start date commencing upon the Gold release.)

Uh.. and your point? No matter how they call it, its a alpha. :P

vB5 looks to be improving in the speed area... I still can't get past the small bugs here and there...

I'm still seeing the bugs that I encountered when the beta went live.

I don't see the relevance of this topic anymore. It's clear vBulletin are moving in a different direction to XenForo. Upon it's release, I thought they perhaps left out certain features until they fixed other bugs, but apparently it's the full featured version.

One thing is clear and that is vBulletin cannot be seen as a competitor to XenForo in the forum software market anymore. If you're looking for forum software... you will get XenForo. If you want a CMS, blog system and discussion board... then you will get Invision.

Sadly, vBulletin have not delivered here (There's better free forum software out there in my opinion). Customers of all forum software should be disappointed because competition should help keep all developers on their toes, which in turn should help keep other brands of forum software fresh and updated.

The vB5 demo gets more forum looking daily.

I don't really find "Latest Activity" useful in vB4. When I click What's New ... I want posts ... Not latest Activity.

I see now that even threads in vB5 have Latest Activity.

[1] Thread:
http://www.vbulletin.com/vb5demo/fo...5-bucket-list-travel-destinations?view=thread

[2] then click Latest Activity to see a Thread based Latest Activity.

Might be useful for Large threads. Probably not. Depends on what shows up in there. I'm on the fence here. I guess it depends on the implementation. If just the thread owner and few others could add stuff there ... I'd like it for long threads. It's very like turning a thread into a mini forum, or could be. If the OP's status updates showed up there ... that would be a fail.

[edit]. I am going to call vB5's Thread based Latest Activity an implementation failure. It's like just a replica of the thread 95% of the time. What could have served almost as an INDEX of important stuff in a thread ... has turned into something really lame. IMO.

For kicks......

I installed XenForo with every add-on, modification, template edit, filed edit, and skin released here on XenForo.com

How many was that? All of them. :eek:

Everything :eek:

That means everything within the Resources and also the old archives (those that would work).

And it still used less (fewer) server resources than vBulletin 5 and was notably faster :ROFLMAO:

For kicks......

I installed XenForo with every add-on, modification, template edit, filed edit, and skin released here on XenForo.com

How many was that? All of them. :eek:

Everything :eek:

That means everything within the Resources and also the old archives (those that would work).

And it still used less (fewer) server resources than vBulletin 5 and was notably faster :ROFLMAO:
It's things like this that should be used by XF in marketing, instead nothing is done and IB just gets a free ride. I don't get it, lawsuit or not, they should fight IB on all levels. Unless they're afraid that it negatively influences the lawsuit?

demo.fail.webp

MOAR demo fails.
It's like they aren't trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom