vb5 beta released, and...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind the talking of competitor software at all. :) But nearing 55 pages deep...
The thread does not serve the same 5-10 posters that you seem to think it does. This thread is big due to to many random people who go to VB.com, look at the demo, and come back here with impressions. That's why the thread is so big. Shutting it down will serve no purpose other than shutting down a major outlet of online frustration about vb5.

No one is gonna pay a lot of money to get either XF or VB when BB4 and MyBB2 look and function as good as the more expensive forum developers. Just my opinion. :)
Gabby... these 'competitors' have existed all along, providing comparable products. The difference is often that the free products are quite buggy, much less reliable and often prone to attacks. The add ons are also often manipulated into allowing hacking due to poor coding. The free products updating is not going to change anything.

More like IB is at fault for failing to perform a modicum of due diligence on what they were purchasing. It's not as if it was that difficult. If I recall, nobody from IB even made it out to the UK to do the full run through.
Is it legally ok to lie about the progress of product development represented with company shares one is selling? Even if it isn't, still unethical behavior.

Brisco replied that "only programmers care about software architecture".

While doing a cosmetic face lift, the Dermatologist said, "only Cardiologists care about the heart".

EKG.vBulletin.4.and.5.and.beyond.webp

<insert monotone beeeeeeeep sound>

vB Roadmap:
- Development time: 1 years and half.
- Bug fixing time: 2 years.
- Time to publish the next release ...
I also find it ironic that they think 18 months is too long for a complete rewrite and then need several years to have a somewhat stable product and still no complete rewrite.

vBulletin 5 Connect Beta 13 is now available for customers to download and for prospective customers to preview at www.vbulletin.com/vb5demo/.
The feedback thread on vBulletin 5 Connect beta 13 for our licensed customers is here.

We are continuing to make significant progress in our beta program. Beta 13 includes fixes to 112 issues. Beta 13 includes a variety of performance fixes, with many additional performance improvements coming shortly. Additionally, beta 13 fixes a wide variety of bugs including ones with Site Builder, the activity stream and the upgrade process.
source.

The demo is still very weird. The issue of one page loading .... and then another page eventually loading replacing the first page is awkward.

Logging in took 8 seconds.

Loading a forum seemed to take forever.
http://www.vbulletin.com/vb5demo/forum/demo-question-answer

I tried to reply to a post ... and got cut off (I think this might be a feature and not a bug).
vB5.demo.cutting.off.posts.webp

It still loads latest activity .... and then the Topics.

Very sluggish.

The demo site hasn't been updated yet.

Though even when it is, I wouldn't expect your browsing experience to change much.

The problem is Internet Brands would have you believe that the bugs are the features. :ROFLMAO:

I am hearing some good things about performance of Beta 13 from those who have purchased it. The VB5Demo on their site is still Beta 11. Let's wait till they update it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom