VB4 to Xenforo, what happens to my CMS articles?

I'm becoming increasingly frustrated with vb4 and would love to abandon ship into the loving arms of Xenforo but there's a few questions I need to ask.

What happens to my current CMS articles during the move? Also, what is the best way to create a CMS like portal here on Xenforo. I see some people have bridged Wordpress (awesome) but I would prefer a seemless integration with something Xenforo has created if possible.

Looking forward to possibly switching! :)

Using the (unofficial) vB4 imported made by Paul M, the articles are imported into a private forum, where you can do as you please with them. Also, look into XenPorta by Jaxel for a pretty slick Portal (with article view for articles).

A word of warning though...

After converting FOUR different forums from VB4->XF... including Shoryuken.com and TestYourMight.com (upcoming)... I have had ZERO, yes ZERO success in importing CMS articles to the hidden forum using Paul's importer.

A word of warning though...

After converting FOUR different forums from VB4->XF... including Shoryuken.com and TestYourMight.com (upcoming)... I have had ZERO, yes ZERO success in importing CMS articles to the hidden forum using Paul's importer.
The articles just didn't get moved or was there something more to it? I had no problems importing the few articles that I had.

The articles just didn't get moved or was there something more to it? I had no problems importing the few articles that I had.
In all four cases... the import process would just freeze during the CMS step. I've tried restarting it, tried leaving it on overnight... doesn't matter. I would get some of the articles into the forum, but the rest it would just never get to. I assume that there is just some error in it somewhere that it hangs on. It's happened on all four DIFFERENT forums, with articles written by different people, on different servers.

In all four cases... the import process would just freeze during the CMS step. I've tried restarting it, tried leaving it on overnight... doesn't matter. I would get some of the articles into the forum, but the rest it would just never get to. I assume that there is just some error in it somewhere that it hangs on. It's happened on all four DIFFERENT forums, with articles written by different people, on different servers.
hmm...good to know.

That's really weird, since I faced no problems with the import as well.

Jaxel, what exact version of vB was it? Mine was 4.0.6. Perhaps the rest could add their versions too and we could narrow it down to which version it may be.

That's really weird, since I faced no problems with the import as well.

Jaxel, what exact version of vB was it? Mine was 4.0.6. Perhaps the rest could add their versions too and we could narrow it down to which version it may be.
I honestly don't even remember. They were all different versions though, over the course of the past few months.

Top Bottom