vb4 to XenForo..some questions

vexx

Ok, let's say I am somewhat convinced by Xenforo, I do have some questions, if I decide to migrate:

1. The custom style I have for vb4
Is there any way to import it to Xenforo without learning this forums software again as I did with vb4? Also, I wouldn't mind if there is a paid service that does that, but I wanna know my options.

2. CMS
As I've seen, XenForo doesn't have a CMS so evidently my question is, can I bridge it with Wordpress or any other CMS? I DO need to use a CMS, but I don't mind if it's not XenForo's own

3. Importing db from vb4
OK, I know I can import everything from vb4 (at least this I understood it's possible) but my question is regarding link URL's. I currently use vBSEO also for vb and I would kinda want to keep the structure and import the old URL's, I can't rewrite 301 every one of them, it's madness.

That's it for now, tnx in advance

1. No. The software is not compatible, you will need to recreate the style.

2. Bridges do exist for WordPress and are in use.

3. You can't have the same URL format as in vBSEO, URLs will use the XenForo format. Redirection scripts exist which handle 301 redirects automatically.

hehe I know, but since it's young on the market, I thought it would be difficult :)

anyway, tnx alot for your input, you almots convinced me..i just need to take a look at the addons so I can have a smooth migration :)

As for the CMS option, there is a WordPress bridge available, but another option might be XenPorta, which allows you to put up a portal on your front-page, along with a number of available modules to fill in. It also allows for thread promotion.

Top Bottom