1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VB4 Redirect problem

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by mrb1972, Mar 22, 2012.

1. mrb1972

mrb1972 Active Member

Hi,

I imported my website from VB4+VBSEO to XF 1.2 yesterday which all went fine, I also setup the 301 redirect scripts that also seemed to work (even without putting the VBSEO rewrites into htacces they seemed to work)

1.The problem I have is if I enable "friendly URL's" in XF when I click on any of the forum links form the forum homepage they redirect to the homepage rather than the forum.

2. If i turn off "friendly URL" the forum links work fine

i think the problem is :
    My old VB4 was running off a www.mywebsite.com/forums/
    My new XF site is in the root
    However the new forum links also by default point to www.mywebsite.com/forums/

So i guess because of this the redirct scripts are being triggered causing the links not to work...

Are you following ;) Is there a away around the issue?

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Some options:

1) Move your XF installation to a subdirectory so the "forums" route no longer conflicts.

2) Change the "forums" route with an addon:

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/route-changer.447/

3) Try to distinguish between the old and new "forums" URLs using custom rewrite rules.

mrb1972 likes this.
  3. mrb1972

mrb1972 Active Member

the route-changer addon worked a tread - thank for the advice

4. mrb1972

mrb1972 Active Member

I have another issue now, the main forum links on the homepage (on xf there are "offical forums", "public forums") etc - well after doing the above they now redirect to the homepage rather than the correct part of the page?

5. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The category links? Can you post the URL of your forum so I can take a look?

6. mrb1972

mrb1972 Active Member

I sent you a PM