301 redirect problem

Dakis

Ok so I have my forum under /community, and until today I had a 301 redirect from root to /community.

But today I launched a wordpress cms in the root, so the 301 had to go. I removed it, and purged all cache in cloudfare, but Chrome browsers are still following the 301 that was previously in place. The only way to visit the root folder is if whoever uses chrome clears their cache manually in their browser.

I'm a bit desperate for a solution here, any ideas? Or am I stuck with it?

Chrome loves to cache redirects, just need to wait for it to clear, or as you said, manually clear it.

Thanks for the reply - is there any way to know how long chome keeps these redirects? I would hate to start promoting my new magazine and people not being able to even see it.

Thanks for the reply - is there any way to know how long chome keeps these redirects? I would hate to start promoting my new magazine and people not being able to even see it.

If there is no expires set, infinately*

*However, chrome will keep this in the shared cache iirc, and files are purged oldest first, so if people are using chrome in general, it will only be a few hours before it gets purged from the cache to make room for other things.

Top Bottom