Resource icon

vB4 Importer 3.6b2

No permission to download
Is it possible to use this importer in conjunction with the official one. I need a way to import vB4 blogs and convert those to threads.
Would also be great to have a proper redirect for blog.php and entry.php

Is it possible to use this importer in conjunction with the official one. I need a way to import vB4 blogs and convert those to threads.
Would also be great to have a proper redirect for blog.php and entry.php

If you are comfortable with code then you can probably copy out specific modules from this importer and add them to the official importer. This requires some programming ability.

For anyone trying to import Polls in a newer version of XF and getting "the field 'multiple' does not exist", it's because XF no longer has a "multiple" field on Polls. They changed it to "max_votes".

You can fix that by editing vbulletin.php in the importer folder.

Find:
'multiple' => $poll['multiple'],

Replace with:
'max_votes' => $poll['multiple'] ? 0 : 1,

You can also add in edit history if you want, which makes this importer have all the same features! :)

To amend the above, easiest thing is to just install the plugin but NOT overwrite the existing vbulletin.php file - then you'll get all the benefits of this add on (likes, blogs, etc) with the original XF importer doing everything else.

Has anyone managed to speed up the post thanks importer? I tried increasing max items to 2000 but it still took 3 hours :( rest of the import only takes around 45 minutes.

@Jake Bunce

Hi Jake, I don't know its a problem or not, but I've immigrated from VB4 months ago, but that time I didn't import social groups and photo albums, know because of users I want to import them, I used your importer and passed the validate section, however, I cant just import social groups it says "This step cannot be run yet" I can select just three buttons (import user groups, import custom user fields and complete import)

Actually I don't want other options cause my site is live now! what should I do?

Thanks

@Jake Bunce

Hi Jake, I don't know its a problem or not, but I've immigrated from VB4 months ago, but that time I didn't import social groups and photo albums, know because of users I want to import them, I used your importer and passed the validate section, however, I cant just import social groups it says "This step cannot be run yet" I can select just three buttons (import user groups, import custom user fields and complete import)

Actually I don't want other options cause my site is live now! what should I do?

Thanks

Those modules are dependent on previous modules within the same import session. Since it's a new import session you can't just run those specific modules.

Basically you would need to modify those modules to map to users and forums outside of the import session. This requires some programming to do what you want.

For anyone trying to import Polls in a newer version of XF and getting "the field 'multiple' does not exist", it's because XF no longer has a "multiple" field on Polls. They changed it to "max_votes".

You can fix that by editing vbulletin.php in the importer folder.

Find:
'multiple' => $poll['multiple'],

Replace with:
'max_votes' => $poll['multiple'] ? 0 : 1,

You can also add in edit history if you want, which makes this importer have all the same features! :)

Had a problem importing vb4 user albums to media gallery as it always stuck at 55.86% so decided to try this importer on the latest 1.5.13 version and it worked with no problems!

Top Bottom