XF 1.3 vb4 import to xenforo 1.3.1

AvCrash

Hi dear support!
I have a question/problem
I have a VB4 forum with over 134000 threads, over 1900000 posts and over 19000 users
DB size around 1,7GB
Attachments size around 43GB

I tried to import all this into Xenforo 1.3.1 with local import functions
I'm tired to wait when it end

For example new server for xenforo:
2 Intel Xeon E5506 @ 2.13GHz 2cores
4Gb RAM
RAID5 (4hdd)
Gentoo core 3.13.6-hardened-r3 SMP x86_64

Import of Threads & Messages: I wait about 28 hours !!!
Import of Attachments: About 8 hours i wait (okay, here is about 43GB and i can understand it)
Import of other sections (at all): about 8 hours

But why import took 28 hours to import threads and messages??!
What i need to optimize to make it more and more faster?

Thanks

The main optimizations revolve around optimizing InnoDB and your I/O settings on your server. (On a side note, 4GB is really not much RAM in a server like that.)

Alternatively, you can look at the third-party big board importer though it requires more technical knowledge.

Thanks for answer.
What I/O settings for server you can recommend??
But this script costs about 150USD! I think that XenForo developers need to think about integrate this Big Board Importer to the XenForo core !

When tried to import attachments from vb4 to xenforo at 40% i got this:
Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry '253205' for key 'PRIMARY'

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1624
  5. XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1613
  6. XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1405
  7. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 1890
  8. XenForo_Model_Import->importAttachment() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 1936
  9. XenForo_Model_Import->importPostAttachment() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin4x.php at line 114
  10. XenForo_Importer_vBulletin4x->stepAttachments() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 97
  11. XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 187
  12. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 135
  13. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionImport() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  14. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  15. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/forum/admin.php at line 13
My vb4 DB in latin1. May be need to change import settings?

Your previous message implied that you ran the attachments step successfully before. Is that not the case?

An error like that means that there is conflicting data already in the DB and you chose to retain IDs. It's hard to suggest exactly why that specific one would have failed -- it presumably got imported twice. You could try deleting the 253205 record from xf_attachment (and xf_attachment_data).

Top Bottom